Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mertenk
Channel Surfer

My NBC live wont work on any tv.

I click on it and it keeps cutting in and out while flashing the 3 dots. I've tried restarting, deleting app/reloading app, system update, and my WiFi says excellent connection. I can watch it from my phone and live stream it. Live channels work on other apps. Any other thoughts why it's not working through the roku??? Thanks

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
sjhmdna
Reel Rookie

Re: My NBC live wont work on any tv.

Having the exact same issue. Keeps flashing back and forth, like it's loading with the 3 dots on screen then flashes to the show for a split second then back to the 3 dots loading. Then after about minute or two of that it says "Sorry! we're having some trouble...Something has gone wrong. Please try restarting your app and try live stream again. Error code: CloudpathErrorBufferingTimeout

mertenk
Channel Surfer

No luck with just restarting app....

0 Kudos
sjhmdna
Reel Rookie

No. I first tried signing out of the app and unlinking the service provider, and restarting T.V and then relinking and signing back in, but that didn't work. Then I uninstalled the app completely, restarted the T.V., then I reinstalled it and signed back into everything but that didn't work either. After I missed one show I just watched the next one on my laptop. That works just fine. I just tried to watch Live again on the T.V tonight and it still isn't working! Myself, I think it's the NBC app! Maybe there's something that's conflicting with Roku T.V.'s somehow. NBC needs to update their app and fix something that's not letting customers watch Live T.V.! Because, all the other channel apps I have work fine when I watch Live. I think I'm going to email NBC Universal and let them know about this problem and see what they say. I wish that Roku would contact them too, to see if the can find where the problem lies! 

jenfer5264

Same problem! I contacted my local NBC station, but they say they haven't seen any problems. I have done everything listed above, and get the same "sorry..." message. 

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @jenfer5264 @sjhmdna @mertenk
Thanks for posting here in the Community.
Did you restart your Roku before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we suggest giving it a shot once again.
We also recommend restarting the soundbar from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
mertenk
Channel Surfer

I will give that a try, thanks! Is that a reason it would not work on all 3 tvs a roku is set up on?
0 Kudos
sjhmdna
Reel Rookie

Still will not stream live. Tried it 3 times...uninstall, restart, install. Even made sure once that I signed out and unlinked provider before I uninstalled it. That didn't make a difference. The only thing different is that before it show's that message "Sorry...""" the live guide is displayed but when I try to connect to any of the channels listed it blinks the 3 dots like it's loading but goes right to "Sorry" message. Like I've said before I don't understand why it's just NBC. All the other channel apps work fine with live stream. That's why I thought it might be the NBC app it's self, and maybe they need to check it and update it. 

mertenk
Channel Surfer

Still no luck......next suggestion??

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@mertenk @sjhmdna

Appreciate the update.

Since the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions provided by @RokuIrene-S above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach NBC Support here: https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?brand=nbc

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator