Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erwinsto

My Movies on VUDU won't play

All other channels work fine. Movie previews work in VUDU. Movies I own show up but will not play in any quality level other than the previews. The same movies on the same network play from my other devices. 

I have logged out, uninstalled the channel, and restarted my streaming stick. Same issue remains. Issue began about two weeks ago. Device says no updates are available.

7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My Movies on VUDU won't play

Hello @erwinsto

Thanks for the post.

Could you reply here with a photo of the issue occurring? Also, how did you restart your Roku stick? Was it via the Settings menu or by unplugging the stick itself?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sminor07
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issues I bought a movie on the roku.vudu and it’s not playing it will load like it’s going to play and then goes back to the screen for me to click watch now. I have tried resetting it by settings and unplugging the roku to reset it. 

0 Kudos
pls4919

Same issue here, black screen and movie never starts

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Vudu is having issues. It’s not a Roku issue 

https://downdetector.com/status/vudu/

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide more information about what are you are seeing? What are the steps to reproduce?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dspalmer34

Same issue, error comes up for every movie I own and says playback failed. I have checked for updates, uninstalled and made sure my tv was up to date. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Dspalmer34

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked other channels if the same issue persists? You've mentioned that you uninstalled Vudu. Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us updated!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos