Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Level 10

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Yep, but that doesn't mean they should break it. The whole video player and its events has been deprecated, but that only means you shouldn't use it going forward. It's NOT ok to change its behavior!

-JT
0 Kudos
bblackmoor
Level 7

I'm not defending them. I'm just saying that appears to be the way to fix it. If the code is in Bitbucket or something, and you give me access, I'd be happy to take a look.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

I received information that it will be fixed in the firmware, but no time frame. The code is/was in github, but it's probably (definitely) out of date. Modifying the code is trivial; it's updating the channel that could be a problem. I've got so many experimental versions of the client and server code not to mention multiple private channels that figuring it all out will take some time.

-JT
0 Kudos
rmcnts259
Level 7

As of this morning,  the correct date is being shown on a watched show and "play all" and "play new" are working again.
0 Kudos
bblackmoor
Level 7

Yes, I noticed that last night myself. Yay!
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 10

That's good to hear! I'm guessing you've been updated to v9.1 of the firmware? I haven't received it yet.

-JT
0 Kudos