Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"RAMUSE1970" wrote:
The movies all try to load, but get so far and nothing happens.

If I remember correctly, that's usually an audio issue. You may have AC-3 audio in the main movie, but AAC audio in the extras. If so, I think you have to have the Roku's sound settings set to surround sound and you have to have receiver that will decode the audio as the Roku just passes it through without decoding it. I just use AAC audio on all my DVD rips as I have no interest in surround sound.

There's a whole thread on encoding videos for the USB channel. Pretty much everything in that thread applies whether you're using the USB channel or one of the channels for streaming your videos.
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36754

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
xwin
Visitor

I noticed that if you have AAC audio with more than 2 channels you will have problem with audio but video will be OK. I have not noticed any video issues with incorrect audio in the multiplex. That is an interesting point. I will try to make such stream in the evening.

"renojim" wrote:

You may have AC-3 audio in the main movie, but AAC audio in the extras.
-JT
0 Kudos
mkiker2089
Visitor

I can't get the channel past the link page.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Have you tried a manual configuration?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dgrace
Roku Guru

"xwin" wrote:
Hi,
I have tested the windows executable for a few days and not found any problems so far. For anyone who is interested in trying it out please use the following link to download it: http://db.tt/D6alDlN4

Just unpack the zip file in to a directory and launch mymedia.exe file. After that it behaves like the python executed script. Please post any problems in this forum. If there are no problems I will submit all of the modifications that I had to make to get it to work. Please use MyMedia Beta channel as the server is based on this code.

Thanks.

So, everything has been running along beautifully using this method. I did notice that I have some Streams configured from earlier that I cannot edit any longer using this newer method. Any hints on this? I expected to find an ini file or even an html page for doing this, but no luck so far.
Dave

***Never mind, just went back to using the original method with download of server and python and scrapped the above method. All is working and no longer have streams showing that cannot be changed. Thanks.***
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
n3kf
Visitor

I realize that mymedia is a simple streaming system and I may be asking for more then possible, but is it possible to register 2 roku devices with it? I am not looking to use both at the same time, but would lke to have both having access to the media. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Visitor

"n3kf" wrote:
I realize that mymedia is a simple streaming system and I may be asking for more then possible, but is it possible to register 2 roku devices with it? I am not looking to use both at the same time, but would lke to have both having access to the media. Thanks.

The "My Media" discussed in this thread, not to be confused with the one from MediaMall, does not require any registration. You can run as many Rokus as you want and connect them to the database served by the server.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
n3kf
Visitor

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
"n3kf" wrote:

The "My Media" discussed in this thread, not to be confused with the one from MediaMall, does not require any registration. You can run as many Rokus as you want and connect them to the database served by the server.

The registration I speak of is when you first start the mymedia roku app, it gives you a for letter registration code. It looked to me that the python script was using that code to communicate back with the roku box. So once one is set up, how do I get passed the registration or linking player window on the second roku player?
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Visitor

"n3kf" wrote:
"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
"n3kf" wrote:

The registration I speak of is when you first start the mymedia roku app, it gives you a for letter registration code. It looked to me that the python script was using that code to communicate back with the roku box. So once one is set up, how do I get passed the registration or linking player window on the second roku player?

Just follow the on screen instructions. It should allow you to register as many Rokus as you want. Just like almost any other app that uses codes for registration.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
litlfrog
Visitor

Having an odd problem lately. MyMedia works perfectly fine until around the end of the file, then stops with a playback error. I can hit Play again and it'll pick right back up where it left off. It's always within the last few minutes of something I'm watching and usually happens four or five times--frustrating when I'm watching something exciting!
0 Kudos