Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbbycatt
Visitor

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

WOOHOO!!!! THANK YOU! It's working now!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Great! See how easy that was?! Smiley LOL

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tbbycatt
Visitor

New question....I have two roku boxes...how do I get it to work on the second box? I"m on the registration screen on the second box...
0 Kudos
tbbycatt
Visitor

JT....yeah it was easy when you know what you're doing lol Thanks again!
0 Kudos
renojim

"tbbycatt" wrote:
New question....I have two roku boxes...how do I get it to work on the second box? I"m on the registration screen on the second box...

You didn't say if you created the config.ini yourself or if you were finally able to use the web registration. Hopefully it was the config.ini approach because then you've pretty much done the steps you need to do.

I gave huzefa_mehta instructions a few posts back, but to reiterate, close the server and edit config.ini with a text editor and change the line:
regid = abcd
to:
regid = wxyz

where 'abcd' was the original registration code from your first box and 'wxyz' is the new registration code from your second box. Start the server and the new box and the server should sync up. The regid is really only used for the initial syncing of the box and the server and really isn't needed after that.

If you were able to get to the "Personal MyMedia Server" web page at (in your case) http://192.168.1.143:8001 then you could also use the "Retry Registration" link to accomplish the same thing.

-JT

0 Kudos
tbbycatt
Visitor

I went the config.ini route, so I can get the other box taken care of. Thanks again for all of your help!
0 Kudos
sharpedge
Channel Surfer

"renojim" wrote:
"sharpedge" wrote:
What dimensions or ratio of height to width are people using for their movie artwork? Music artwork seems to scale fine, but the movie artwork is quite pixelated. It generally looks ok, except for the one movie that's selected. I checked and PIL is definitely installed, shouldn't PIL be doing the scaling smoothly?

Cheers

It could be because it's scaling for an SD screen and maybe you have a larger HD screen? The SD/HD thing is one of the things that we never got around to fully handling. You can try disabling the PIL package to see if it looks better. Just rename the PIL directory to something like PILtmp temporarily and restart the server. It's in C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages by default in Windows.

Another thing to try is to edit common.py and change the two lines
THB_DIM = THB_SD_DIM
FULL_DIM = FULL_SD_DIM

to
THB_DIM = THB_HD_DIM
FULL_DIM = FULL_HD_DIM

-JT

Hey Jim,

Those edits to common.py didn't make a difference, but uninstalling PIL did. The artwork looks beautiful without PIL installed, but it's really slow scrolling through the movies.

Thanks
0 Kudos
renojim

You could try using PIL again and increasing the numbers in the line:
THB_HD_DIM = (300,300)

300x300 is what's recommended in the docs, but it will automatically scale everything. I would think they're ultimately displayed at 300x300 on an HD screen, but maybe PIL doesn't do such a good job of scaling them.

By the way, what is the resolution of the images you're using?

-JT

0 Kudos
jgravert

Does My Media support .bif files?
0 Kudos
renojim

No, but at one time it was on my list of things of things to add. I don't find them all that useful and it seems to be a lot of trouble to create them. You're the first person to ask for BIF support.

-JT

0 Kudos