Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
umbighouse
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

I turned off the firewall completely, to no avail.
The log file is empty.
I tried launching the springboard.py file and manually configured it to install the client.
My unit is still in Developer mode. Is this ok?
0 Kudos
umbighouse
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

It looks like the mymedia.py task is what's causing the "Rendezvous" status error. Also, it shows this:

warning: this server has not completed rendezvous.
http://0.0.0.0:8001
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"umbighouse" wrote:
It looks like the mymedia.py task is what's causing the "Rendezvous" status error. Also, it shows this:

warning: this server has not completed rendezvous.
http://0.0.0.0:8001


That's not an error -- I should have written it in plainer english but what it means is that you haven't finished configuring your server. The step of entering in your registration code is what the Roku documentation calls "rendezvous" and you still need to get to your server's configuration page so that you can do that again -- basically it's just telling you what you already know.

Try: http://127.0.0.1:8001

Also, take a look at the config.ini file in your server directory (there should be one by now) and ensure that server_port is in fact 8001. If that doesn't work, a trick you can use to manually complete rendezvous is to add a line to the end of that config.ini file that looks like:

regid = abcd

(where abcd is your actual code)

That should make the warning go away when you start the server but I don't expect it to solve your problem...
0 Kudos
umbighouse
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

el wubo,

not sure if adding that reg line to the config.ini file did it, but it's working now. Thanks very much for your help. Good to hear from you again.

umbighouse
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

el Wubo.....

I have been away from using MyMedia for a while - I want to get the latest build up and running..

Where and what is the latest build??

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"dellsweig" wrote:

el Wubo.....

I have been away from using MyMedia for a while - I want to get the latest build up and running..

Where and what is the latest build??

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks


The latest release is the one you get when you go through the private channel installation process. The instructions for adding the private channel are at the very top of this forum. Once you start the private channel for the first time it will provide a link to download the latest version. Once you're up and running with that your Roku will prompt you automatically whenever new versions are released. (You'll get here by following the instructions above but just so you have a preview--here's what you'll be doing after you start the private channel for the first time.)
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"el.wubo" wrote:
"dellsweig" wrote:

el Wubo.....

I have been away from using MyMedia for a while - I want to get the latest build up and running..

Where and what is the latest build??

Will it work on 2.9??

Thanks


The latest release is the one you get when you go through the private channel installation process. The instructions for adding the private channel are at the very top of this forum. Once you start the private channel for the first time it will provide a link to download the latest version. Once you're up and running with that your Roku will prompt you automatically whenever new versions are released. (You'll get here by following the instructions above but just so you have a preview--here's what you'll be doing after you start the private channel for the first time.)


Not to be ignorant, but the last time I used this it was a back-door installation - not a private channel. Can you send me the channel code - also how do I delete the old channel from my Roku?
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

Correct. The installation process has been updated. Heres the link: https://owner.roku.com/Account/ChannelC ... de=mymedia

(The code is mymedia but that link puts it in for you.)
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

To remove the old channel follow the instructions on this post: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&p=215954&hilit=delete#p215954

For more instructions you can search for the word "delete" in this topic.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Level 7

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

"el.wubo" wrote:
To remove the old channel follow the instructions on this post: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25955&p=215954&hilit=delete#p215954

For more instructions you can search for the word "delete" in this topic.



Done

One last question - have you been able to successfully get mymedia.bat to run as a windows service??
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos