Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

xBrake AutoHotkey Script
With the help of Murx & Skwire from AutoHotKey.Com I have managed to create a script that will run HandBrakeCLI, the command line version of the popular free tool HandBrake. HandBrake is a free open source video transcoder that runs on Mac OS X, Linux & Windows.

As of right now this script is in alpha/beta stage, however if no bugs are found this will probably be the final release.
You can read more about it and download it from here http://jsgoblog.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"jbssfl" wrote:
Hi - Nice work guys! I can get the video to work (although only with a selected few media types that work with the player of course), but I can't seem to get the music to work. The Roku Player says it cannot connect when I select "My Music", and when I navigate to the feed url in my browser I get the following. I think this might have to do with folder/file names, characters or spaces etc? Or possibly because I have a LOT of music and subfolders etc... not sure. BTW I am running the server on an Arch Linux machine and the path to the music (and video) folder is actually an NFS share on another local machine on the network.

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/196541/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's a problem handling the special character in the 'Yann Tiersen & Natacha..' directory. I'm surprised though. This looks like something that should be fixed in the later versions. Are you running the latest stable or developers preview?

If you're running the latest stable version the zip file you downloaded should end in 25aaa89. The latest developers preview is "DeftAvocado" (5278a3d.)

Here's the latest stable or the latest developers preview. I recommend the developers version.
0 Kudos
jbssfl

"el.wubo" wrote:
It's a problem handling the special character in the 'Yann Tiersen & Natacha..' directory. I'm surprised though. This looks like something that should be fixed in the later versions. Are you running the latest stable or developers preview?

If you're running the latest stable version the zip file you downloaded should end in 25aaa89. The latest developers preview is "DeftAvocado" (5278a3d.)

Here's the latest stable or the latest developers preview. I recommend the developers version.

Great thx! Yeah I had some really strange question-mark block type characters in that folder and some other folders as well.. renamed them and all is well! I was using the stable, but I went ahead and upgraded to the preview anyway.. Cheers.
0 Kudos
Saqqara
Visitor

Some pages back there was a post on how to edit the source to make photos appear in HD. Now that we have a settings page on the client, is it possible that this setting be exposed there?
0 Kudos
corno1979
Visitor

I tried out the MyMedia channel for fun but I don't hink it's really going to be useful for me. How can I remove it from the menu of my Roku DVP?
0 Kudos
jcmolet
Visitor

"corno1979" wrote:
I tried out the MyMedia channel for fun but I don't hink it's really going to be useful for me. How can I remove it from the menu of my Roku DVP?

Go into the Channel Store > My Channels > Choose the channel you want to remove > Choose remove channel
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"corno1979" wrote:

Point your browser at the IP address of your Roku, for example http://192.168.1.101 -- it's the address you entered into springboard when you installed My Media. Click on the Remove button.
0 Kudos
Robert121571
Visitor

Looks like all this local media stuff has gotten Roku's attention. In case any one hasn't noticed there is a thread on this board from Roku wanting us to take a survey. You can get to the survey here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XNGFNWN One of the parts in it asks after it asks you about streaming from internet is local media. Looks like they may be working on something for us. The thread it self is here http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26982.
0 Kudos
jca
Visitor

I'm having a strange problem when I try to access my NAS box from a computer on my network. When I go to http://localhost:8001/feed, I can see "My Music" and "My Videos", but when I click on either of them, I get an error, saying the page can't load. If I change the URL from the IP address of my NAS box to "localhost", it comes up just fine and I can see all my media files. I know I have the IP address correct ... when I just use the address alone, I can see it -- it's the addition of the port number (which is I also believe is correct, since it works with "localhost") and the "/feed". Any thoughts/suggestions?
0 Kudos
jca
Visitor

Also, I'm having a problem on my channel, which I suspect is related to the IP problem I'm having ... when I select the channel, it just tells me that no media is found, and just presents me with an "OK" button, so I can't see or modify any settings. I had originally been able to see the media when I first installed the channel, but I manually changed some settings on the Roku box (I removed the "/feed"), which was obviously a mistake. But now I can't get to that screen again? I've even tried uninstalling and re-installing the channel, but I still can't get back to the original settings. Any ideas?
0 Kudos