Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

M3U Playlist support

The developer's preview release now includes M3U playlist support. You can find it here.

Playlists will show up in your music folders. Selecting one will start the playlist playing in the audio player. I don't use playlists that often myself, so I wouldn't say it's been thoroughly tested. I created my test playlist with Winamp. Your playlist should include either full paths to the mp3 files or relative paths relative to where the m3u file is located.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!
-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Saqqara
Visitor

Re: My Media - Your Music and Video on the Roku DVP

This is like watching a pro quarterback play a pickup game with friends. I wish I had more time to play. I just want to express my continued admiration not only for the channel itself but for how this project is being run.

Sorry if it has been suggested before, but might MyMedia be a good place for a "paste URL" sort of channel, for random video links, internet radio, etc? It could be pasted server side, vetted a little by the code to see if it was likely to be playable, and added to the library?
0 Kudos
mkolby
Visitor

Any way for the system to ignore "The" in the title to sort videos? Kinda picky, but it'd be nice not to have to go clear down to the t alphabetically to choose for instance, The Aristocats. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work. BTW, any way for us to make donations to you guys for all your hard work?
0 Kudos
canaws
Binge Watcher

New Dev Preview Report

No bugs to report! Everything has worked great so far. No problem with playback of music or videos and no problems viewing pictures. The play and shuffle features work great. I really like the now playing box, because let's me skip to the next/previous song. Awesome sauce! =D

I can't give any feedback on playlists, because I don't use them.
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"Saqqara" wrote:

Sorry if it has been suggested before, but might MyMedia be a good place for a "paste URL" sort of channel, for random video links, internet radio, etc? It could be pasted server side, vetted a little by the code to see if it was likely to be playable, and added to the library?

I really like that idea. I'll start looking into it.
0 Kudos
buaboo
Visitor

I just loaded the latest dev version. I am getting the following error msg "Multiple PCNT frames not allowed". I am assuming that there is something wrong with one of my tags. Is there a way to print with file its processing when this error occurs?

I load PIL on my Maxtor NAS and the picture stuff looks great!!!!

Thank you
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:
"Saqqara" wrote:

Along this idea - it would allow the Roku owner to maintain a "url list" or library on his/her server - kindof like MyChannels
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
el_wubo
Visitor

"buaboo" wrote:
I just loaded the latest dev version. I am getting the following error msg "Multiple PCNT frames not allowed". I am assuming that there is something wrong with one of my tags. Is there a way to print with file its processing when this error occurs?

You're right, the error was coming from the mp3 tag library that we use. I don't think the condition they were checking warrants a hard error like that so I just removed it... let me know if it works.

I didn't make a new release so grab the fix here.
0 Kudos
dellsweig
Visitor

"el.wubo" wrote:
"Saqqara" wrote:

ELWubo

The Roku Soundbridge has a web based interface where you can add "pre-sets" for Internet audio content (url's). I wish I could send you a screenshot (cant figure out how to post images on this forum) but it would be an ideal template for how to make "user defined" content for MyMedia

I have links in there to my favorite internet audio as well as a link in there for my XM/Sirus feeds (using the XM/Sirus Streamer program on my server)

This would allow a MyMedia user to maintain their own list of "personal favorites" to be displayed on the MyMedia Roku app.
Going where the wind don't blow so strange
0 Kudos
tnolan333
Visitor

Hi, I've been play around on my Mac for a couple days - oddly, seems whenever I hit a folder that actually *has* MP3s in it, the client tells me there's no usable content in the folder - additionally, the log states nothing but repeated instances of:

DEBUG:root:rejecting .DS_Store

Browsing folders on a web browser also shows no articles.

Any ideas out there?
0 Kudos