Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleKai
Level 8

My List at Netflix not updated on Roku

On my iPad, with the Netflix app, I can add movies to "my list."  Shortly after I can view those movies on my iPhone Netflix app, as well as the Netflix web site on my computer.  But when I view "my list" using Roku, the list does not show what I added.  The movies I added may show up on Roku 24 hours later, but I would think Roku would sync my Netflix movies just as my iPhone and computer, but it doesn't.  Is there a way to force Roku to update my Netflix "my list" of movies?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My List at Netflix not updated on Roku

@KyleKai 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Netflix support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix support here: https://help.netflix.com/en/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
twodose
Level 8

Restart the roku and they will update.

0 Kudos
KyleKai
Level 8

OK, thanks.  Seems as if a Refresh button would be a better method, but I'll give restarting a try.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 9

sounds like Roku needs to fix the issue if it requires a device recycle.

twodose
Level 8

After looking a little further if you remove an item from the list it will then add the new item.

KyleKai
Level 8

It would be best if there was a Refresh button.

adam1991
Level 7

Coming in late because I just discovered this myself.  I added something to My List on my Ultra downstairs; upstairs on the old trusty Roku 3, My List is not refreshing and showing it.

What I did was switch profiles.  It took forever to switch profiles over, and then it took forever to switch profiles back to mine.  But once switched, My List was complete on the 3 like it was on the Ultra.

Netflix would do well to add a Refresh button, if nothing else.  But they do offer the refresh feature; it's done by switching profiles (or, as others have pointed out, power cycling the Roku).

On my previous Fire TV Box, sometimes I had to fix similar glitches by force stopping the app and going back into it.  I know that's because they're using the Android OS, but it was a handy feature.  Now I'm going to put the onus onto the Roku team to offer something similar.  If the app developer has screwed up, at least give me--the Roku user--a Roku-level control for stopping and restarting the app, as opposed to the entire Roku.

0 Kudos
delfuego
Level 9

someone mentioned that deleting an item on My List seems to force Roku to update the list to include recent entries. That seemed to work for me. I usually have my Macbook open before I sit down to watch.

0 Kudos
twodose
Level 8

twodose
twodose
Level 8

After looking a little further if you remove an item from the list it will then add the new item.

0 Kudos