Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My Home channels keep changing

When I turned on my TV yesterday, a TON of channels were loaded on my home screen, the majority of which I'd never heard of. I spent a good deal of t8me removing them one by one (Its nuts that there's no way to remind multiple channels, but I digress). Finally got the list to just the ones I have subscriptions to.  

Today, turned on the tv and AGAIN there are channels at the top of my list that I KNOW I did not intentionally subscribe to. This is driving me nuts. I DON'T WANT stuff in my Home feed unless I explicitly add them. How do I make this stop? 😡😡😡

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: My Home channels keep changing

Do you have more than one Roku device linked to your user account? Every Roku linked to an account will have the same channels installed, and if someone adds or removes a channel from one device they are added or removed from all devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

If you have multiple Roku devices, then a change on one will be reflected in the others. If you had an old Roku that you sold or threw out without deactivating, somebody may have started using it. Somebody may also have hacked into your Roku account. Consider changing that password.

If you go to your account settings, at the bottom of the page are your Roku devices. You can Unlink any that should not be there.

https://my.roku.com/account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Good suggestion @andyross Smiley Very Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos