Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HBGDawg
Level 7

My Feed not showing correct for CBS All Access

I have purchased a subscription to CBS All Access.  When I add a show (Blue Bloods for example) to My Feed, it says it will show across all my channels, including CBS All Access.  However, when a new episode comes out, it shows all my channels EXCEPT CBS All Access.  Basically it shows I can buy an episode from Amazon or other places, but doesn't show CBS All Access.  Anyone know how I can fix this?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: My Feed not showing correct for CBS All Access

"HBGDawg" wrote:
I have purchased a subscription to CBS All Access.  When I add a show (Blue Bloods for example) to My Feed, it says it will show across all my channels, including CBS All Access.  However, when a new episode comes out, it shows all my channels EXCEPT CBS All Access.  Basically it shows I can buy an episode from Amazon or other places, but doesn't show CBS All Access.  Anyone know how I can fix this?

It’s populated based on info the content providers (CBS, Amazon, etc.) give to Roku. If they don’t give updated info in a timely manner, the info isn’t up to date.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
HBGDawg
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"HBGDawg" wrote:

It’s populated based on info the content providers (CBS, Amazon, etc.) give to Roku. If they don’t give updated info in a timely manner, the info isn’t up to date.

But that's the interesting thing.  This morning, it shows there was a new Blue Bloods to watch, but it only showed it being available on Amazon or other pay-per-view channels.  It didn't list CBS All Access.  Somehow it appears it is not scanning CBS All Access anymore.  I have tried dropping the show and re-adding it.  When I re-add it, it shows that it will use all my channels, including CBS All Access, but then it never shows the shows as being available from CBS.  Weird.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"HBGDawg" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"HBGDawg" wrote:

But that's the interesting thing.  This morning, it shows there was a new Blue Bloods to watch, but it only showed it being available on Amazon or other pay-per-view channels.  It didn't list CBS All Access.  Somehow it appears it is not scanning CBS All Access anymore.  I have tried dropping the show and re-adding it.  When I re-add it, it shows that it will use all my channels, including CBS All Access, but then it never shows the shows as being available from CBS.  Weird.

Sorry for not making the point clear.

CBS has a new show available. You see it when you open the CBS app. But Roku (the company, not your device) doesn’t know because CBS doesn’t tell Roku. Roku doesn’t update your feed.

Amazon has the episode too. Only, Amazon does tell Roku (the company) via a feed. Roku updates your feed, which you see on your Roku device.

Is that helpful?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
HBGDawg
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"HBGDawg" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"HBGDawg" wrote:

Sorry for not making the point clear.

CBS has a new show available. You see it when you open the CBS app. But Roku (the company, not your device) doesn’t know because CBS doesn’t tell Roku. Roku doesn’t update your feed.

Amazon has the episode too. Only, Amazon does tell Roku (the company) via a feed. Roku updates your feed, which you see on your Roku device.

Is that helpful?

Yes.  I called CBS and they said it was a Roku issue.  Called Roku and they had me uninstall CBS All Access and re--subscribe to my shows on My Feed.  We will see if that will work.  Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos