Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FemmeAppeal
Level 7

My Feed is not working correctly with Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

I don't know if this is literally only a problem with Full Frontal with Samantha Bee or if it's a larger TBS channel issue, because I don't have notifications turned on for anything else on TBS' channel. But the My Feed Results for FF have been wrong for weeks. It usually says that the new episode has been released 2-5 days after it was actually put on the TBS Roku channel, and last week I noticed that when it told me there was a new episode, the episode that showed in the feed actually was the previous week's episode. I was able to go to the TBS channel and find the newest FF episode manually but it would be nice if they could fix this My Feed issue. 

I doubt it's a hardware issue, but just in case, I have the Roku Express. 
0 Kudos
7 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: My Feed is not working correctly with Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

My Feed info comes from the programming providers.  Your complaint should go to TBS.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
FemmeAppeal
Level 7

"makaiguy" wrote:
My Feed info comes from the programming providers.  Your complaint should go to TBS.

Sorry I didn't see this reply sooner. 

No, this is not on TBS. For example, right now My Feed says that a new episode of Full Frontal was released on August 1st. But when I click on the episode to launch it, from My Feed, what actually opens is the episode that was released on July 25th. That's Roku's My Feed not connecting properly to the TBS app, which is Roku's issue, not something TBS should have any control over. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Contact TBS directly.  It's probably a feed issue on their end.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
FemmeAppeal
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Contact TBS directly.  It's probably a feed issue on their end.

The thing is, I'm in IT, and that answer is bewildering.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most rational way that the My Feed app should work is: TBS adds a new episode to their channel, and an automated notification goes to Roku's system, telling them that the new episode has been released. The Roku system uses datatags to decide what other systems need to be automatically notified of the existence of the new episode, including the My Feed system. Then a link is automatically created in My Feed, to the newly released episode. Isn't that how it functions? Because any system where the link from My Feed to TBS is controlled by TBS, makes no sense from a software programming perspective. 

Saying this is TBS' issue, is like if I upload a new listing to my Ebay store, and an automated "New Listing" bar on their home page links to my item, but if that link is broken it's because I did something wrong. It would be an error in their site's automated systems, causing the broken link, and nothing I would have any control over. 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Or, you could contact TBS like you've been told multiple times.

My IT experience says that people who use a system a lot, especially when some are very familiar with the system, suggest a course of action, it's good practice to follow through since maybe their experience might be worth something. 

I've worked many who think they know better than everybody else. I usually end up asking them, "Well, what did you learn?" after they finally did it like suggested and that finally worked. And, if they did learn something, they were better workers and achieved better results going forward. If they refused to learn something, they usually ended up working somewhere else after a while.

But your IT experience may be superior to mine. It's up to you what you do. If I, a Roku consumer, used the feed and gave a flying flip about Samantha Bee, I'd contact TBS.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
FemmeAppeal
Level 7

Yes Basil, because no one ever answered a question like this on a forum by skimming it, and giving a one-sentence answer that didn't actually address the issue, and was instead a knee-jerk blowing of the problem off to someone else. Oh wait, yes they have - it happened to me all of 2 days ago. No ISP ever claims the problem is Netflix, while Netflix says the problem is the ISP, when you can't connect to the service. And Wordpress support never blames a plugin that is utterly irrelevant, or a plugin claims it's a CMS problem that it's clearly not. And it's so very out of line, and being a 'know it all' to ask for clarification on why that's the answer I've been given, when it makes no sense from the perspective of anyone who understands what an automated feed is, and how these kinds of feeds function. 

But then again, my experience with customer-support forums tells me that you care more about trying to shame someone who asked for a simple enough clarification, instead of keeping your own nose out of the topic, unless you have any actual information to offer to it. Thanks so much for policing my desire to get actual answers to my inquiry, rather than uninformative and deflecting answers. I'm so put in my place. SMH.
0 Kudos
FemmeAppeal
Level 7

I also have worked for 20 years specifically on documentation and Tier 1 support, and this thread is a great example of how not to do it. "Probably" is the answer you give when you have no idea what the answer is, and you are either unable to find one via due diligence - which you tell the customer you performed - or you couldn't be bothered to research the issue. It's telling someone to turn the computer on and off again, when they have given you detailed information about the issue and it's clearly not going to be solved by a reboot. 

And when you do give an answer that's actually based on knowledge and/or research, you give the customer at least a basic understanding of why the problem happened, so they become more educated on the product/service/software. There are legitimate reasons why contacting TBS would be the rational course of action, but if I were answering the question, I would've given those reasons, not just said "hey ask them." 

Oh, and I have NEVER told someone to contact another company, individual or service to resolve an issue, without telling them exactly where to direct their inquiry - like an email address or a URL to their support center. That is how you answer a customer's inquiries with any level of competence and consideration. But since I obviously can't expect a response like that on these forums, I'll vacate them, and turn off notifications. It's obviously not of any use to me. 
0 Kudos