Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
steve_s
Level 7

Must sign in to HBO NOW if when I leave HBO channel

Every time I go to the HBO channel, I have to sign in.  This is new and started a couple of weeks ago.  If I sign in to the HBO channel and later leave to watch another channel and then return to HBO, I have to sign in again.  I have tried rebooting the device several times but it does not correct the problem.  I have the Roku 2.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
wildsprite
Level 9

Re: Must sign in to HBO NOW if when I leave HBO channel

have you tried removing HBO Now then restarting the Roku and re-adding HBO Now and see if the problem persists?
0 Kudos
steve_s
Level 7

I can't remove the channel - unlike other channels, I am not given that option when I press the * key when HBO NOW channel is selected.  I suspect the reason for this is that HBO NOW is a subscribed channel so I probably have to cancel the sub, then remove and then reinstall.  
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"steve_s" wrote:
I can't remove the channel - unlike other channels, I am not given that option when I press the * key when HBO NOW channel is selected.  I suspect the reason for this is that HBO NOW is a subscribed channel so I probably have to cancel the sub, then remove and then reinstall.  

If you subscribed through Roku, yes.

I do have another question, though. After you've logged in to HBO NOW, and when you're done watching, how do you exit the channel? Are you hitting the Back button or the Home button?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos