Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G764t
Level 7

Must enter TV provider every day

I have three Roku Ultra devices that must go through the tv provider authentication every day for cable Apps. The first time I login using my Armstrong cable account, the apps allow me to watch any show. After about a day, the apps show logged in but there are padlocks on all the show. I must logout then login again. This started about two weeks ago. The apps are the Science channel, HGTV, Animal planet and several more.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Must enter TV provider every day

Those are all apps from the Discovery family of channels. I don't know off the top of my head how many of them have their own apps, but if you have any of these channels, focus on them.

• American Heroes Channel
  • Animal Planet
  • Cooking Channel
  • Destination America
  • Discovery Channel
  • Discovery Family
  • Discovery Life
  • DIY Network
  • Food Network
  • Great American Country
  • HGTV
  • Investigation Discovery
  • Oprah Winfrey Network
  • Science
  • TLC
  • Travel Channel
  • Motor Trend

First, pick one of the Roku devices to do the primary work on.

Next, launch each of the apps and if you are signed in, sign out, then remove the app from the device. Do this for all of the apps you have from the list given above.

Next, reboot all of the Roku devices.

Next, install one (only one) of the apps on your Roku device. Log in, and see how long it goes before you have to reauthenticate.

Did the problem continue, or is it going longer?

If the problem remains, let us know. If it seems to be resolved, launch the app on the other Roku devices and see if any problems occur. If not, add back the apps as you use them. I'm gonna suggest not adding them unless you watch them regularly. Don't add them just to have them; add what you actually use. If you don't watch the app, you aren't missing anything. And if an issue arises, you have fewer to complicate the troubleshooting process.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Bpaul
Level 7

Same thing happened to me in the last week or two.

For months I didn't need to login to provider channels that I watched regularly. Now every day I need to login to any provider channel. All other non-provider channels, I stay logged in.

I'm using Streaming Stick Plus 3810.

This is a real PITA.

Go to another room, boot a PC, go back to TV write down a code, go to website input code, then sign in with provider password.

0 Kudos
Bpaul
Level 7

Correction to my previous post.

I don't need to sign in to all of my provider channels. There are a few that I was still signed in after months. SYFY was one that I was still signed in and DiscoveryGo.

Definitely signed out of all NBCU channels and TBS/TNT tier channels.

0 Kudos