Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D-anne
Level 7

Murder Call won't load

I have a TCL TV and use the Roku Channel app. The show "Murder Call" loaded the first four episodes and played them just fine. Now it quit in the middle of Episode 5 and won't load it or any other episodes. It says it's loading for about 2 seconds, then goes back to the episode title screen. 

I restarted the system following instructions found in this community (system/power/system restart/restart). Didn't work. 

I removed the channel and restarted the system. Didn't work. 

I unplugged my router and plugged it back in. Didn't work. 

It's only this one show that won't load. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Murder Call won't load

Thanks for posting, @D-anne.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Does this happen on all movies/shows on The Roku channel or just specific titles? 

Please let us know and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
BCam
Level 7

We're having exactly the same issue with Murder Call on the Roku channel with a TCL TV.

It's only the Roku channel and only Murder Call as far as we know, the other programs we watch are OK.  I don't know the exact timing but it's been that way for several weeks, possibly a month.  We made it through S1/E6 but, I just checked, and none of the Murder Call episodes will play, including back to S1/E1 much later ones.

0 Kudos
BCam
Level 7

As I mentioned in my post:

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?  -- Only Roku Channel

Does this happen on all movies/shows on The Roku channel or just specific titles? -- Only "Murder Call"

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @BCam,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos