Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Multiple issues with Hulu

Ever since I bought my Roku about 6 months ago, I have had numerous issues with the app. This occurs only on my Roku, Hulu works fine on every other device that I use.

First of all, every time I open the Hulu app, I have to log into my account. To make matters worse, I typically have to enter my login info at least 2 or 3 times. It doesn't matter how many times of day I open the app. I have to log in EVERY time. When I finally get into the app, I also have issues with the audio cutting out, the app suddenly closing, and videos freezing.

As I said, this only happens on my Roku. Contacting Hulu offers little help.

Any info or hints would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Multiple issues with Hulu

I can only tell you this doesn't happen here with any of my Rokus.   I do have two Hulu profiles defined, though, so I do have to choose one each time, just as I do with Netflix.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the channel to see if this fixes it?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory.

4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.

5. Highlight channel and install.

6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times. I've performed a power cycle on my router, and I've done a system restart on my Roku. There are also no updates available for the Roku or Hulu.

I don't know what else to try!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

.. and you did it by the full procedure I indicated, including step 3?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I did not do step 3. I will try this again and see if it works. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just to follow up, this did not work and I'm still having the same issues with Hulu. Thank you anyway 

0 Kudos