Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Multiple channels will not open

I just got a brand new roku, and multiple channels will not open. YES My roku is up to date and i've checked multiple times. YES I have removed the channel, restarted, and readded with no change. I JUST purchased this device and 70% of the channels will NOT OPEN. I click to add, click to open, and it will load for a moment before going back to the home screen. Some of the apps affected are:

fuse tv
a&e
ID Go
Discovery Go

and countless more. Super upset this is my first roku and the way it's going i will be returning it and buying a firestick if i can't get answers regarding this. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Multiple channels will not open

You haven't told us your Roku Model number.... TV type and make

Internet specs. Are you in the us? Do some Channels work?

I can tell you these Channels work fine on my Ultra I just checked.

The apps are crashing for some reason.

Have you tried a Factory Reset without any MicroSD?

Calm down.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Cable-type channel originators are paid by the providers that carry them (cable/satellite/Sling/Hulu/Youtube TV/etc) out of the subscription fees collected from their subscribers.

Those cable-type channels that also make their content available via streaming, like the ones you listed, mostly limit their use to those who are paying via a subscription to a provider carrying their channel. Typically you must authenticate this subscription by providing login credentials for your paid cable/satellite/whatever provider account. Without an authenticated account most will not work at all, others may work but have very limited content.

Some premium cable channels (HBO, Showtime, CBS All Access, Disney+,
etc.) also may be subscribed to directly without a separate service provider.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@makaiguy  I know how cable works. I have accounts with these services. I am not able to even open up the channel to log in, this was clearly explained in the original post. No app is going to crash when you try to open it because you dont have a subscription. its clearly a bug with the device. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@boogernose  It's a Premiere 3920, TV is an element elefw328, and internet through xfinity never had and issue. I'm in the US, some channels work but the majority dont. Adding to the growing list of channels that crash:

USA, NBC, oxygen, syfy, e network, bravo. I've reset the device and still nothing. A google search shows me this has been a long time issue and there has never been a fix. I'm seeing help requests going back to 2018 with no solutions besides remove and add the channel, nobody has ever said this worked

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/ID-Go-not-working/td-p/497566

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Crashing-and-going-back-to-Roku-screen/td-p/5...

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Roku-channel-movies-will-not-load/td-p/504343 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

If the posters disappear its likely because the problem was resolved for them.

Please do a Factory reset and add them again. Just link to your account again.

Settings/system/advanced System Settings/ Factory Reset

Sometimes brand new devices somehow get screwy software.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@boogernose  I already said the model number is 3920 and yes i did a reset. i'm being straightforward and factual abut the issues, i'm confused how that's coming off not "calm" ?? i'm not going to ask you about your day lol sorry

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Never mind my day you are clearly frustrated and I can appreciate that.

If youve followed all the steps to update and such

I'll tell you that I think the Premiere Model seems problematic .

as I said those channels work fine on my Ultra

0 Kudos