Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fnldrem
Level 7

Multiple channels missing episodes

Having trouble with a missing episode on Forged in Fire on the history Channel app. Here's what's weird... If I'm auto playing, episode 37 plays automatically after ep 36. But it doesn't appear in the menu lineup at all. Skips from 36 to 38.  I've also had this happen is with Disney plus where season 1 of Milo Murphy can be played with autoplay but in the menu it ends at episode 15. It's driving me crazy. These are NOT episodes that have been removed. In fact, it looks like they show up (at least the history Channel one) on my pc. Just not on roku, and I tried my roku tcl TV as well as my roku player on the TV in the kid's room.

Please, Do not advise me to contact history and Disney. This is a roku thing, not a history thing. Otherwise it would be confined to their app only. What is the solution, if any? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple channels missing episodes

History (A&E Networks) codes the History app and manages its content (Roku has nothing to do with either).

Differences of app behavior on different platforms is due to different coding required for different platforms and server-side per-platform provisioning.

https://www.aenetworks.com/contact

(FYI, Disney is a co-owner of History and other A&E Networks, who just so happens to be the owner of Disney+, and you have content management problems with both, which may not be coincidence..)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
fnldrem
Level 7

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You don't want to hear the solution.  Roku has no control over what appears in 3rd party channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos