Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Multiple Apple TV+ issues?

Jump to solution

Is anybody having multiple major issues with Apple TV+? Because I just purchased the service today and it's starting off on a really bad foot. Which thanks for all the input and advice in advance, and sorry for the long post.

1st off it takes a extremely long time to load the channel to the home screen. At 1st it's a black screen for at least 10 seconds, then the logo appears, and after at least almost a minute or more it takes before the app loads on to the home screen.

Next when I get to the home screen things start to lag really bad and it takes a while for it to load. After that when I attempt to play something the loading circle takes a while to load. The circle also lags and freezes as well before the content play.

Also at first when I'm going through the home screen and then attempted to play anyting the channel would overheat the entire Roku device. I've even attempted to exit and re-enter the channel at least twice. Then I've also uninstall the channel and reinstall the channel as well (which obviously signing in again as well) and the same overheating was occurring. Which it seems like now for the time being at least after an hour it stopped doing it.

Then if I rewind or fast forward any content, as soon as I play it again it either is lagging or after a few seconds the content freezes completely, but not the channel itself. Also there's been times when I attempted to rewind or fast forward that when I play it again, the audio of the content would have popping sounds mixed in with it and was unbearable. I would have to exit to the home screen and then play it again in order to fix the issues when rewinding or fast forwarding.

So again is there anyone that is experiencing these issues with any Roku device? Also what can I do to fix these issues if there's any fixes available now, other (because I'm thinking that there needs to be Channel updates with bug fixes)? Which I'm on the Roku Streaming Stick+. Also no other streaming services that I use such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Amazon Prime and Video, Pluto TV has this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Multiple Apple TV+ issues?

Jump to solution

@Bigj011p 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Bigj011p 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had numerous Apple TV issues.  I have removed and reinstalled the channel.  I called Apple, they blame Roku.  I can watch movies that I purchased but not rented.  The error message is "video unavailable" "This video isn't available to watch.  Wait a moment, then try again."

The only video I can watch is the Morning Show from Apple TV plus.  All of the other Apple content shows the above message as well as the rental.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried it. Doesn’t work. Stutters so badly it’s unwatchable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problems. Eventually the channel loaded. Can't load content.  Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s terrible on my Roku stick and works fine on my Apple TV. So it’s clearly a Roku issue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thx. I read a thread about similar issues with Amazon prime. One suggestion was to set roku's resolution down to 720. Trying it now. So far so good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I spoke too soon.  Its buffering and sticking a lot.  I have to restart app frequently. 

I'm just trying to get thru the morning show.  Can I watch on a Windows PC or Android tablet? I have no Apple products. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good luck. Until Apple and or Roku fix the app it’s not worth watching on the Roku. I do have the Apple TV box so I can at least watch stuff even if it’s not 4 K. But I won’t be renewing my subscription to Apple TV + if it doesn’t get fixed. Way too much content elsewhere than to pay $5 a month for an app that doesn’t work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Nexifer wrote:

It’s terrible on my Roku stick and works fine on my Apple TV. So it’s clearly a Roku issue

That's not necessarily the case as they are too different apps written specifically for the platform they are running on and both are created by Apple. I have the same issues as everyone else here. None of the other apps on my Roku have this issue. If I didn't get a year for free after upgrading my iPhone, I would not pay for the service.

0 Kudos