Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kit1
Level 7

Movies are in Russian but settings are set for English

For some reason many movies I want to watch are in Russian even though it is made in America with American actors, like "Stolen" with Nicholas Cage.  In addition, my settings are set for ENGLISH with CC but the movies play in Russian, even though the title and reading the previews are all in English.  Have not seen this issue addressed in any of their forums.  I cannot get a phone number to call for Customer service and if this doesn't get resolved by the end of this month I will be canceling my subscription.  Pretty sorry that ROKU is too cheap to offer live support for its customers. Well, I will be one less customer they need to worry about helping, obviously they don't really WANT to help or they would hire people to answer the phones.  Go Daddy and other companies with thousands of customers have figured this out, Come on, Man!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Movies are in Russian but settings are set for English

So, are you wanting help with getting the movies in English, or did you just come here to complain? If the former, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Kit1
Level 7

Well, DB, I need help. Sorry you consider my technical issue, me "bleeping". That was a bit uncalled for, no need to insult me when I am trying to resolve an issue. If you can offer help, please help.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Over half of your post was complaining about something that wasn't Russian language movies. That's not a technical issue. The Russian language part? Yeah, let's see if we can figure this out.

What I'm finding is that the movie is available from many different streaming services: Roku Channel, Pluto TV, FilmRise (the source for Roku Channel & Pluto TV), Vudu, and others.

I didn't check them all, but a few that I checked (Roku Channel, Pluto TV from FilmRise) had non-English language soundtrack. Vudu had English soundtrack.

So, what's happening is the service (FilmRise is the source for many) is providing a non-English stream. Vudu (and maybe others) are providing an English-language stream.

That tells me it's the service, not the device. And, yes, Roku Channel is a service from Roku, but it's pretty much an aggregator, and is simply a shortcut to other services, including FilmRise. And, as I said, FilmRise is the source of the issue.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos