Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haradad
Level 7

Movies Anywhere doesn't start

Channel name: Movies Anywhere
Channel version: Version 1.0, build 76

The "Movies Anywhere" channel seems to install, but when selecting the channel, the screen goes black as if it is starting, the loading circle goes about halfway, then exits back into whichever menu you were previously in.

I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, then reinstalling. Also tried a factory reset. So far, all the same result. The channel has not ever started, not even to a logo.

The Movies Anywhere support page doesn't have any useful solutions, and has a link back to the Roku support page:
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-u ... ed-device-

Serial number: YS00FW749850
Software version: 7.7.0, build 4154-30

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/186362
Ethernet connection, Cable modem

Television Make/Model: TCL 65P605
Roku Make/Model: Roku TV 7107X
Device ID: 9VF00F749850

onbeforeunload = function() {};
0 Kudos
30 Replies
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: Movies Anywhere doesn't start

I haven't had any real issue with Movies Anywhere since launch, but I did have a minor issue yesterday on my Roku stick in that it wouldn't play films, but a restart of the device cured that. In fairness, the stick is not running firmware 8.0 yet and is still running version 7.7. It's also worth mentioning that I was in the process of upgrading my internet modem and speed yesterday so that might have had something to do with the minor issue I had with Movies Anywhere yesterday because I haven't had any problems before or since. What I can suggest is reboot your device. I have a Roku Ultra also currently in use that is running version 8.0 that doesn't have the issue of needing to periodically reboot the device as version 7.7 seems to have. Hopefully, version 8.0 will be rolled out to more devices in the coming weeks.
0 Kudos
rab23us
Level 7

I haven’t been able to link the movies anywhere to the Roku at all. I get the code and when I go to the movies anywhere site and go through the process I get an error that says there was a problem. No idea at all what in the heck is going on. Anyone have a workaround for this ?
0 Kudos

"rab23us" wrote:
I haven’t been able to link the movies anywhere to the Roku at all. I get the code and when I go to the movies anywhere site and go through the process I get an error that says there was a problem. No idea at all what in the heck is going on. Anyone have a workaround for this ?

I have never been able to get it to work on the Roku 3 4200x (I have posted here and received no helpful feedback).
As soon as I go thru the verification process it just spins and spins

Roku said to contact MA

MA hasn't responded
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I've used MA on Roku devices with 7.7 and 8.0 with no issues. It sounds like it might have not installed correctly. The proper way to reinstall is to first uninstall the channel, then reboot the Roku, then reinstall. Do not skip the reboot, as your uninstall isn't complete without it.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"atc98092" wrote:
I've used MA on Roku devices with 7.7 and 8.0 with no issues. It sounds like it might have not installed correctly. The proper way to reinstall is to first uninstall the channel, then reboot the Roku, then reinstall. Do not skip the reboot, as your uninstall isn't complete without it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I tried that early on and it didn't work
0 Kudos

I've been unable to use Movies Anywhere on my Roku 2 (4200) and Roku Ultra 2016 model.  Works on my PC.  I was able to use it when it first launched and got my 5 free movies for connecting to VUDU and Google Play.  Now It just spins on the launch screen.  Ive tried the uninstall, reboot, reinstall several times with no success.  I just disconnected my VUDU account to see if it corrects in a few days.  There seems to be some problem with UV account and MA working together as reported on another forum.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"StreamingFan7" wrote:
I've been unable to use Movies Anywhere on my Roku 2 (4200) and Roku Ultra 2016 model.  Works on my PC.  I was able to use it when it first launched and got my 5 free movies for connecting to VUDU and Google Play.  Now It just spins on the launch screen.  Ive tried the uninstall, reboot, reinstall several times with no success.  I just disconnected my VUDU account to see if it corrects in a few days.  There seems to be some problem with UV account and MA working together as reported on another forum.

I've had no issue with my Roku 2 (4210, which is what I assume you actually have; 4200 is a Roku 3) and MoviesAnywhere. My Ultra is the 2017 model 4660. No issue there, either. It has done a decent job of linking my content from Vudu, Amazon, and iTunes. Not everything shows, mind you, but a lot does. Depends on the studio. 

I've installed it on my Roku devices, as I said, as well as Apple TV and Fire TV. The content is consistent across the devices, meaning whatever you see in your browser should be seen on your Roku.

I am quite curious about those of you that have reported issues, but have not encountered them myself, and have no suggestions beyond what you've already done or are trying (disconnecting services and waiting a day for things to settle). Good luck.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Even after updating my Roku 3 to 8.0 the Movies Anywhere app still will not run.
On top of that, I went and bought a Premiere+ this week for 49.99 from Best Buy and the Movies Anywhere won't run on it either.

So I called Movies Anywhere tech support today....

They immediately knew the issue I was talking about and said they are aware of the issue and the issue is in the app itself. They said they are working on trying to get a new update to the app pushed out.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I had to check mine, but MA is working. I tried my Sharp Roku TV with 7.7 and my Stick with 8.0. No problems with either, although it did load a touch slower than I remember in the past.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos