Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konasteve
Level 7

Movies Anywhere Channel doesn't work

Is anyone having or has had issues with MA channel failing to launch?  Have not been able to even get to the page that gives you a code to authorize MA on the Roku device.  I have a TCL Roku TV, 2 Streaming Sticks, and a Roku Express and none of them will launch the app.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Movies Anywhere Channel doesn't work

"Konasteve" wrote:
Is anyone having or has had issues with MA channel failing to launch?  Have not been able to even get to the page that gives you a code to authorize MA on the Roku device.  I have a TCL Roku TV, 2 Streaming Sticks, and a Roku Express and none of them will launch the app.  Thanks!

Are you in the U.S.? The app only works in the U.S. There's no location listed on your profile, so I need to ask that first.

Next (assuming you are in the U.S.), have you already created an account at https://moviesanywhere.com/settings/connect

Assuming all that is done, remove the app from one of your devices. Reboot that device. Then reboot all your devices.

Next, add the app to one of your devices. Launch the app. What happens?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

The IP address is showing University of Hawaii.  If that's indeed where you are at, you'll want to talk to the Uni's IT department.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Konasteve
Level 7

Hmmm, I'm in my house on the island of Hawaii in Hawaii. Not sure why the ip address is UH. not on a vpn, so should just be my resident ip address. I'll try deleting app and resetting the roku stick...
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

I purchased Rampage tonight from iTunes and watched it on my Roku via the movies anywhere app. I had no issue at all start to finish. I just wish the studios that aren't involved with movies anywhere (Paramount, Lionsgate, Miramax, MGM, and some independent studios) would get on board so all my digital content can be in one place where I also don't have to look for the studio of a film to decide which movies to buy where because I tend to get decent deals browsing the digital stores. It would also be nice if Disney/MA integrated TV shows into the app as I have a few TV seasons I've purchased as well. Outside of those things, this is what Ultraviolet should have been.
0 Kudos
Konasteve
Level 7

No luck. Just returned to home screen when I tried to open the app. Did as Basil suggested.
0 Kudos

What model Roku players are you using?  Unfortunately Movies Anywhere is not supported on all Roku Players.  See list below from MA site.  I had this issue back in March and it finally worked after the Movies Anywhere App was updated to version 1.2 build 105.  Works on my players
Premiere + 2016 model 4630RW, Ultra 2016 model 4640R, Express + 2017 model 3910RW, Roku 2 2016 model 4210RW even though listed as not supported player.  You might have to contact MA support and see if they can look into your account.

I just checked and my current working version is 1.4 build 155 as of today.

• Roku: The following Roku devices are supported:

• Roku Express, 3700X

• Roku Express+, 3710X

• Roku® Streaming Stick®, 3600X

• Roku 4, 4400X

• Roku Premiere, 4620X

• Roku Premiere+, 4630X

• Roku Ultra, 4640X

• Roku TV, 5000X

• 4K Roku TV, 6000X, 7000X
0 Kudos
Konasteve
Level 7

I have 2 roku sticks, 1 Express, and a 55" TCL roku tv. All purchased with the last few weeks. All updated to latest OS and all running the most recent iteration of the MA app. I just recieved a reply from MA that said that they are aware of the issue and are working on an update. No ETA on the update though... thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
redsandvb
Level 7

I'm also STILL having this problem. 

First started posting about it in someone else's thread about a year ago, https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t ... d1#p577812.  Had the problem from the beginning, with three brand new (2016, I believe) Premiere+ units long before I found that thread.  

I also live in Hawaii.  I have Spectrum (formerly Oceanic/TWC) for Internet & TV.  My brother (also in Hawaii) has the same problem.  Had a long email chain with Movies Anywhere support asking me to uninstall, reinstall, reset the roku, reboot modem, etc etc...nothing worked.  So very frustrating!

So, could it have anything to do with our location?
0 Kudos

"redsandvb" wrote:
I'm also STILL having this problem. 

First started posting about it in someone else's thread about a year ago, https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t ... d1#p577812.  Had the problem from the beginning, with three brand new (2016, I believe) Premiere+ units long before I found that thread.  

I also live in Hawaii.  I have Spectrum (formerly Oceanic/TWC) for Internet & TV.  My brother (also in Hawaii) has the same problem.  Had a long email chain with Movies Anywhere support asking me to uninstall, reinstall, reset the roku, reboot modem, etc etc...nothing worked.  So very frustrating!

So, could it have anything to do with our location?

Location seems to be the common thread here. So yes, probably does.
0 Kudos