Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Movies Anywhere App plays at wrong resolution, IF it plays, and repeatedly crashes Roku

Trying to play Ford V Ferrari, the app keeps crashing the Roku to no picture.  When I try and play 1 or 2 of the movie extras the picture is the wrong resolution.  Movie plays fine in Vudu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Movies Anywhere App plays at wrong resolution, IF it plays, and repeatedly crashes Roku

@Davidsco27 Thanks for reaching out! Have you contacted Movies Anywhere support to report the issue in their channel (app) and request that they investigate? You'll want to start there. You can reach them here: 1 (833) 466-8438 or online at: https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/en-us

If you could provide additional details, we can help take a closer look and pass feedback along to the channel provider. 

- What model of Roku device are you trying to watch this channel and specific movie on? (Settings>System>About)

- What brand & model of TV is your Roku device connected to? 

- Does this occur with any other titles that you try to watch in the Movies Anywhere channel? 

- What version and build of the channel do you currently have installed? (Navigate to the channel tile, and press the * key on your remote to see this information.) 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movies Anywhere App plays at wrong resolution, IF it plays, and repeatedly crashes Roku

Ultra 4640X connected to an LG 4k TV.  Everything is updated to the latest

It all of a sudden began with every streaming app as well. I started fooling around with the display settings and got it to work at a lower resolution, then put it back to where it was and it started working as well.  This Roku has been repeated trouble with HDCP errors and blackouts.  It's working now, but it's just not stable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Davidsco27  Thanks for the note. HDCP Errors can occur for a variety of reasons, including bad connections, dirty/old/failing HDMI cables, incorrect settings configurations on either the Roku or the TV, etc. It can be hard to say what the source may be. I'd recommend taking a look here to start: https://support.roku.com/article/208755468-what-should-i-do-if-i-see-a-hdcp-error-detected-message-o...

Based on what you've noted so far, it sounds like the HDMI cable you're using may not be providing a stable/consistent connection to the TV, or there may be an issue with the HDMI port connection on the TV. For 4K content, you'll need to ensure you are using High-speed, HDCP 2.2 certified HDMI cables in order for correct functionality. These cables are designed for higher data demands that 4K content has, in comparison to standard HD 1080 content. I would try replacing the HDMI cable to start. 

Some additional adjustments you can look at making include:

- On your Roku, try changing any settings that you've adjusted back to their defaults, or try adjusting advanced display options in Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Advanced display settings. Test turning off Auto-adjust display refresh rate. 

- On your LG TV, look to see if you've enabled HDMI Deep Color for HDR, and try toggling this on/off to see if this makes a difference. 

When you say your Roku crashes, what exactly do you see on screen? If you observe this behavior occurring again, we'd recommend generating an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Home button 5 times quickly, followed by the Back button 5 times quickly on your remote. Note which channel and content you were watching when this occurred. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm using the Amazon Basics cable, and the only device I have that is having this issue is the unstable Roku.  This is the second one of these poorly made pieces of junk I've had issues with. The last one just died.  Roku makes these like garbage.

0 Kudos