Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Movieland TV works on integrated Roku Tvs, but not Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

Update:

I was never charged a nickel for this channel and it never even subjected me to a single ad.  So I don't see how anybody can call this a scam. A disappointment, maybe, but not a scam.

I see it's not listed in the Channel store now, but my installation is still there and still works, sort of. The listing of available movies with thumbnails is gone. Now all I get is a Search link and an About link that shows the channel app version number, etc. The search function still works but it only searches on titles not actors, directors, screenwriters, etc.  Easiest way to search available titles is just to enter a single letter and review the results list.  The couple of titles I tried did work, not in HD, looked highly compressed, and with a few short buffering delays, but they did work.

One more update.  On my third movie today, I received my first ad 1:30 into a 1:48 movie.  Now I'm wondering if the few short  buffering instances were ad spots that either didn't take, or perhaps where they hadn't been able to sell the ad space.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Movieland TV wont load movies. A scam?

Jump to solution

I miss this app that never cost a cent even if it was wonky. I guess it was a scam, but the stupid draconian copyright laws were the things being scammed. Not the brain genius who spammed roku support about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Movieland TV wont load movies. A scam?

Jump to solution
And now today it's gone altogether. Its spot in my channel grid now just shows "Currently Not Available". Oh, well ...
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Movieland Tv disappeared?

Jump to solution

The day before the Channel disappeared, i watched Gone With The Wind.   No ads popped up.

Never would have went surfing and  found the movie on MovieLand had  HBO did not make a big stink about the movie.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I found it in the app store for my Amazon fire. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yeah, that was on my list to watch also.

Unfortunately, it appears Roku's mission has changed from being a "cord cutter" to helping premium channels fill their subscription coffers.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Reviews: playback errors, freezes, 'good selection but none will play', doesn't work, sound distortion...

App indicates this doesn't work on your tv, only only game controllers, Kindle, FireTV.

However, it does give the name of the app developer - wajid underscore bux at yahoo dot com.

Maybe we should all contact this person and ask what happened to the Roku offering since Roku is giving us the silent treatment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@andyross I suspected that was the case all along, that they were violating copyrights. It was very suspicious to me that an obscure "free" app had all these high-value movies.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This channel seemed a bit suspect from the start... no ads, no subscription seemed a bit of hint that it was likely pirating, so I saw this coming. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Don't feel sorry a bit for the cable billionaires.

One less bathroom in one of their 5 houses (rme).

How many of them took cuts in pay to help keep others working during this Covid virus?  *crickets

0 Kudos