Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Movieland Tv disappeared?

Jump to solution

Channel is dead guys. Not even in store anymore. I hope it comes back again it was great one of my faves.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Wow, that stinks. Would be great if some reincarnation happens.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

This app has been wonky for the last 2 weeks. We accidentally found the app, watched movies, then all of a sudden started having problems with sound and user interface a couple days after loading. Was able to watch some movies, but not others. Then the user interface completely stopped, was only able to search for a movie name, then select and watch. Now, in the middle of a movie, it stopped completely, went to a black screen, wouldn't reload. We removed the app and was going to reload it, but now it's nowhere to be found on Roku's channel store, either on the tv nor on the Roku web site channel lineup. 

What gives, ROKU? MovielandTV had some excellent movies and so you pulled their plug?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

RKUViewer...lol kinda seems that way...wanted to watch "To Sir With Love"..movieland was the only app that had it for free.

Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

It's likely it had "great" movies because they may not have had the rights to actually offer them. Either Roku or somebody else may have forced the channel to shut down.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Movieland TV wont load movies. A scam?

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

As a friendly reminder of the Community guidelines in place when posting:

Be kind, courteous, and positive when posting. The Community exists to help users. Posting abusive, obscene, harassing, hostile, defamatory, offensive, tortious, argumentative, inappropriate or otherwise objectionable content may result in loss of access to the Community. Roku reserves the right to remove any content at its discretion. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Movieland TV wont load movies. A scam?

Jump to solution

its still available IF you have a roku device not tied to an account - watching on a roku express+ at a friends right now - the cannonball run

channel has a generic mountain background as icon now

also amazon firestick still has channel too

i guess a way for those in the now to watch it - but reg people cant

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

its still available IF you have a roku device not tied to an account - watching on a roku express+ at a friends right now - the cannonball run

channel has a generic mountain background as icon now

also amazon firestick still has channel too

i guess a way for those in the now to watch it - but reg people cant

Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Movieland TV works on integrated Roku Tvs, but not Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick +

Jump to solution

Update:

I was never charged a nickel for this channel and it never even subjected me to a single ad.  So I don't see how anybody can call this a scam. A disappointment, maybe, but not a scam.

I see it's not listed in the Channel store now, but my installation is still there and still works, sort of. The listing of available movies with thumbnails is gone. Now all I get is a Search link and an About link that shows the channel app version number, etc. The search function still works but it only searches on titles not actors, directors, screenwriters, etc.  Easiest way to search available titles is just to enter a single letter and review the results list.  The couple of titles I tried did work, not in HD, looked highly compressed, and with a few short buffering delays, but they did work.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Roku's own channel used to offer a lot more selections.

Now it's become basically not much more than a portal to force subscriptions for 'premium' channels.

So much for Roku helping to "cut the cord"...