Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Movieland tv ads?

Yesterday I saw ads watching a movie. I've never had that issue before. It was like every 15 minutes, annoying to say the least. Is Movieland tv adding advertisements now?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Movieland tv ads?

I'm suspicious of Movieland. Are they even properly licensed for all the movies they claim to offer? It has a lot of prestigious movies from major studios streaming for "free". Gone with the Wind, Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur, Jaws, Little Shop of Horrors, etc. Also every single movie is tagged with the year 2020 instead of its actual release year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Also - Flight of the Navigator from Disney is on there. I know that movie is on Disney Plus, and I find it hard to believe that the Mouse House would simultaneously let that go to a little-known "free" streaming service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You know, I notice that too. They have quite a bunch of hard-to-get movies and all labeled 2020. I haven't had any issues except that one movie and Tales From the Crypt which doesn't load. And I hope they dont stary adding adds!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

So what? Watch another channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

its still available IF you have a roku device not tied to an account - watching on a roku express+ at a friends right now - the cannonball run

channel has a generic mountain background as icon now

also amazon firestick still has channel too

i guess a way for those in the now to watch it - but reg people cant

0 Kudos