Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chevy21
Reel Rookie

Movieland.Tv, most movies look horrible and have very low resolution.

Jump to solution

Resolution on almost all the films seems to be below broadcast low def,  Once Upon a Time in the West looks 720 or 1080 resolution,  which I am totally happy with.  But, most other movies on the Movieland.Tv channel play below the picture quality of over the air low.  They are unwatchable.  Who cares if it is free if over the air low def tv looks better?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movieland.Tv, most movies look horrible and have very low resolution.

Jump to solution

@chevy21 

I watch Movieland occassionally.  Mostly older movies and I watch them on 1080 TVs mainly set to 720.    These old movies look pretty much like I remember them watching them growing up.  I do not own any 4k TVS so not sure how they look on them with the downgrading.

@StreamerUser was indicating that the Channel Developer of Movieland.tv is name Wajid Bux (@wajid_bux )  and he has a profile here in the Roku Community.  If you click on his name, perhaps you can send him a Private Message as it seems any other contact information does not exist.  Otherwise, follow the link @StreamerUser provided, and post a message there. (Since he responded there previously, it should notify him that a message has been posted and he may respond in that thread.  Now that @wajid_bux is flagged here also, maybe he can respond here as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Content issues with specific apps/services need to be addressed to the publisher/developer:   Developed by:  Wajid Bux

https://community.roku.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/275232

0 Kudos
chevy21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you contact Movieland.Tv?  Also, you didn't really answer my question.  I am trying to determine if this is normal for the Movieland.Tv  Channel.  You gave me a "canned" response, which is disappointing, and doesn't answer the question.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@chevy21 

I watch Movieland occassionally.  Mostly older movies and I watch them on 1080 TVs mainly set to 720.    These old movies look pretty much like I remember them watching them growing up.  I do not own any 4k TVS so not sure how they look on them with the downgrading.

@StreamerUser was indicating that the Channel Developer of Movieland.tv is name Wajid Bux (@wajid_bux )  and he has a profile here in the Roku Community.  If you click on his name, perhaps you can send him a Private Message as it seems any other contact information does not exist.  Otherwise, follow the link @StreamerUser provided, and post a message there. (Since he responded there previously, it should notify him that a message has been posted and he may respond in that thread.  Now that @wajid_bux is flagged here also, maybe he can respond here as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

lurker1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There are a few movies that were difficult, but most look the way I remember them.... Of course, when a lot of these movies were made, we barely had Hi-Fi, much less Hi-Def. : )

0 Kudos
Sparky75

Jump to solution

Movie resolution on the movie 'Airport' is unwatchable, with fuzzy graphics and bad sound.  It has been going on for 1-2 years.  How can that still be going on?  You'd think Movieland TV or ROKU would have enough pride in their product to fix it or eliminate it.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Sparky75

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Movieland.TV appears to be a pirate operation. A quick search finds that they have a number of films for free that are only available elsewhere on subscription services or as rentals, such as A Clockwork Orange, Rosemary's Baby, and High Plains Drifter. The resolution is probably low because that's all they could find on internet pirate sites.

Roku should probably look into this and, if I'm correct, remove Movieland.TV from the channel store.

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Since Movieland.TV appears to be a one-person operation, now I'm wondering if maybe this guy just digitized his old VHS tapes. That would explain the resolution!

0 Kudos