Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Movieland TV - not available?

That was the best movie app on Roku. I got so excited when I saw the titles. Alot of Roku channels suck to be honest. No real classic movies on the others. Movieland TV was the best. I grew up watching these movies. Nobody makes a channel for movies of the 60’s, 70’s,80’s. I am so sad now that they took it away. And they wonder why people use Kodi and other programs. Even Disney plus has a limited amount of classic Disney movies on it. Netflix has no classics. Hulu doesn’t have much of a movie library. Most apps play 50 thousand commercials on them too. Why in the world would Roku take away such a good channel? Because it’s too good to be true! Sad! Anyone got any ideas email me familyislove@aol.com

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movieland Tv

I agree. What happened to it? Legal Issues? Anybody know?

Highlighted
Level 18

@makaiguy wrote:
I see Movieland TV is not listed in the Channel store now, but my installation is still there and still works, sort of. The listing of available movies with thumbnails is gone. Now all I get is a Search link and an About link that shows the channel app version number, etc. The search function still works but it only searches on titles not actors, directors, screenwriters, etc. Easiest way to search available titles is just to enter a single letter and review the results list. The couple of titles I tried did work, not in HD, looked highly compressed, and with a few short buffering delays, but they did work.

Update. On my third movie today, I received my first ad 1:30 into a 1:48 movie. Now I'm wondering if the few short buffering instances were ad spots that either didn't take, or perhaps where they hadn't been able to sell the ad space.

And now today it's gone altogether.  Its spot in my channel grid now just shows "Currently Not Available".   Oh, well ...

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

One of the best channels! Bring it back!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

It was pulled because everything on it was pirated and illegal. Do you really believe some no-name free channel can offer high-end movies with no ads for free?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

It was pulled because everything was pirated and illegal. Do you honestly believe some no-name free channel can offer high-end movies for free with no ads?

Highlighted
Level 7

I think everybody has figured that out by now. The question is, how did they get on Roku in the first place? And Amazon still has them listed as an app. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sad to lose this channel. Had a better movie selection than subscription channels. Would have made a great subs channel if legal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I thought the same thing. They had movies that no one else had. Thing is most movie companies have the same movies except exclusives or a select few different ones. Movieland had a ton of movies so I figured from the gate they didn't have the rights to them. Fun while it lasted.

0 Kudos