Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Alternatives to Movieland TV

I knew Movieland was going to be toast. To offer mainstream and hard-to-find rarities without a subscription was just asking for trouble. But while it lasted I enjoyed a few movies. Most CAN be found on Amazon. Yes, friends. We have to pay. No such thing as free. But "Phantasm" is being offered on Prime, including its many sequels. "Someone is Watching Me," can be rented. I had to do that when I found it, tried to watch, and it cut halfway through the movie. "Duel" can be found on Youtube and many other Roku apps. I found several offering a variety of old and retro movies. But none like Movieland. 

"Assault on Precinct 13" can be found on Shout Factory TV via Amazon.

"The Midnight Hour" can be found on Youtube.

"The HIdden" can be found on Fotv on Roku. But my app has been wonky. So good luck. 

Typing in "Retro" will call up a channel resembling 1985. It has many 80s cult and familiar titles such as "The Last Starfighter." Haven't tried that one yet. 

Most of the other titles Movieland was offering can be found either on Amazon or other channels. Tubi, Pluto and Vudu offer tons of free and cult movies. Pluto has "Miracle Mile," which is a cult classic about a dufus running around LA looking for his sedated girlfriend while a nuclear attack looms. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movieland TV - not available?

They took it off because they were showing Gone with the Wind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@AbunchofBS 

I know they use a lot of high-end movies for free and probably they were yanked up because of it. But how are you so certain?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Incase anyone hasn't noticed, Movieland TV is back!

I just came upon it by chance. No idea how long it's been back..but I'm quite happy it is!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Yep is back but only with classic movies. And seems like they don't change the line up.

0 Kudos