Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txuser81
Level 7

Movieland TV - Movie labeled incorrectly

I went to watch Beverly Hills cop and it was the wrong movie. It was trading places. I did try to see if trading places was actually Beverly Hills cop but it was not. Is there any known way to contact the app to let them know that they have a movie labeled incorrectly?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyross
Level 16

Re: Movieland TV - Movie labeled incorrectly

Many of these type of channels are just quickie things put together using stock publishing templates and public access or common licensing services. Unless there is a direct link somewhere in the app, this is all that is mentioned in the Roku store:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/277981/movieland-tv

0 Kudos
wajid_bux
Level 7

Re: Movieland TV - Movie labeled incorrectly

Thank you for highlighting the problem it will be rectified at the earliest and you will be notified about the same.

0 Kudos
streaming_fan
Level 9

Re: Movieland TV - Movie YEARS labeled incorrectly

This problem has not yet been fixed.  Try this:

Step 1: Say "Call of the Wild" in your Roku voice remote.

Step 2: Select the first movie that appears (with a thumbnail image of Harrison Ford 2020 film).

Step 3: Screen will show "The Call of the Wild" 2020/PG/1 h 40 min" "Buck is a big-hearted dog whose blisful domestic life...Harrison Ford, et al.  

Step 4: Select Movieland TV - Free option 

Step 5: You will now watch the 1972 film "The Call of the Wild" starring Charleton Heston (not that it's a bad film).

Step 6: pause the film and hit the back arrow <--- to see info about this film from within the Movieland app.  It shows "2021 1 h 40 min"

To be fair, both films are called "The Call of the Wild" and run for 1 hr and 40 min.  But the year is wrong.  One film is 2020 and the other is 1972.  However, this kind of error should be avoided.  It reduces the effectiveness of the Roku voice search by giving incorrect search results.  

A quick look at Movieland movies shows that all of the movie years are incorrect.  Some examples: on the Movieland app, Rollerball is from year 2020, Enter the Dragon is 2021, Adventures of Don Juan also 2021 and Escape from the Planet of the Apes was also 2021.  All of the films on the Movieland app seem to be incorrectly listed as being either 2020 or 2021.  This is a big problem.  I think anyone can see that.  It will tend to screw up Roku voice searches and give people incorrect search results, especially in the cases such as Call of the Wild where a movie was remade in different years.  

Roku team, thank you for a wonderful service.  In our home, we really love it.  And I hate to bother you.  However, can you pls try to fix this issue?  Sincerely, streaming_fan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Movieland TV - Movie YEARS labeled incorrectly

@streaming_fan

Thanks for the heads up.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku TV. Once more information becomes available, I'll be sure to update the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos