Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Movie stops after 20 minutes

While watching an on demand movie from Pluto on my tv, the movie would stop after about 20 minutes and returned to the home screen.  This happened twice on 2 different movies, same channel.  I rebooted my Roku streaming stick but it didn't help.  Also got a message "not supported " halfway through another program on Prime, which never happened before.  Dont know what to blame, tv, Roku or wireless router.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Movie stops after 20 minutes

@Janiegrl 

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue happening on specific channels? 

Try removing those channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Movie stops after 20 minutes

Thanks for answering so quickly!  After swapping my two Rokus on two different tvs, I figured the problem was with the older Roku, bought in 2015.  So, I just ordered a new streaming stick and await its delivery.  This should solve the problem.  

0 Kudos