Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camel
Level 7

Movie issues - Stick & Funny Farm

How can we contact Roku channel? There is one movie called Stick it that has no sound. There's another movie called Funny Farm that isn't even funny farm. It's a completely different movie. I'm just wondering how you contact them to let them know the issues.

9 REPLIES 9\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel

https://support.roku.com/contactus

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Camel

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you watching these titles on? I've done a search on The Roku Channel and did not find a movie titled Stick, and it doesn't look like I can view Funny Farm unless it's played through Starz.

With more information we will be able to look further into the issue for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Cosman14
Level 7

Kind of disappointing they haven't fixed this yet. I love the movie "Stick It" and was excited when it flashed on my home screen. But it has no sound on my TV or my phone. Bummer!!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Cosman14 

Can watch movie Stick it if you change the Volume Mode to Leveling or Night if you are using a Roku device.  So far, no fix on the RokuTV.  Should also be able to watch it online Roku Channel with no issues.

More info in this posting from earlier in the week.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Sound-not-working-on-one-movie-on-roku-channe...

Edit... Just saw you posted in that thread.  What Roku model are you using?

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
NicholeW16
Level 7

Re: Movie issues - Stick & Funny Farm

I made an account just to thumbs up this post

I am truly upset!! Definitely not funny farm it’s some movie called “comics” 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@NicholeW16 

Seems like all the Channels offering this for free (Roku Channel, Tubi, Fawesome, and Filmrise) are pulling from Filmrise's CDN and is actually showing a movie called "The Funny Farm" (1983), rather than "Funny Farm" (1988) with Chevy Chase.

There are other options under Funny Farm (1988) that allow you to rent the movie or maybe sign-up for the free trial of Starz if you really want to watch this movie. (Just make sure to cancel at end of trial if you no longer want it.)

Perhaps @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D  can help forward this issue to the appropriate team to address. (Basically, the 1983 movie "The Funny Farm", is showing up as the the 1988 movie "Funny Farm" w/ Chevy Chase (poster and movie description) regardless of using search terms "The Funny Farm" or "Funny Farm".) 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

When searching for the Funny Farm title on The Roku Channel, it looks like the only option to watch this title is through a free trial with Starz. Is this how you are accessing the content? Can you please provide a screenshot of the Funny Farm title when searching through The Roku Channel?

With more detailed information we will be able to look further into the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@RokuDanny-R 

When searching from Roku Channel, the term "Funny Farm" brings up both a 1983 film "The Funny Farm" and the 1988 "Funny Farm".  From the Roku Channel, the 1988 film shows only Starz as an option to view, but searching from the Roku Home Screen, the 1988 film is available to view on Starz and Spectrum, and for rent at Prime, Roku-Vudu, Redbox, Vudu, and AppleTV.

Seems like the movie description for "The Funny Farm" (1983) is correct, it is just showing the wrong movie poster which is causing the confusion.  Also, rather than showing the full title of "The Funny Farm", it is simply showing "Funny Farm" in the Search Results.  "The Funny Farm" (1983) is the movie actually for available for free on Roku Channel, Tubi, Filmrise, and Fawesome.

Included some screenshots below for some clarification. 

Click on images to enlarge...

Roku Channel SearchRoku Channel SearchThe Funny FarmThe Funny FarmThe Funny FarmThe Funny FarmCorrect Poster InfoCorrect Poster Info

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@AvsGunnar

Thanks for the detailed information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator