Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Movie Properties on Roku Media Player

I have movies on my computer and I fill in the properties such as Title, comments, Year, Genre and Parental rating. I use Roku Media player to watch my movies on my TV. Sometimes, when I highlight a movie it will show all this information and other times it won't. How can I get it to show this information all the time.

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote issue]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Movie Properties on Roku Media Player

There's no control over metadata in RMP. If the data is available in a recognizable format, it will be displayed. Are you using the built-in Windows DLNA server? It's really limited in capabilities. Using something else as your DLNA server gives you far more control over everything. And of course a couple of media servers have dedicated Roku channels for their servers (Plex, Emby, maybe others) which offer something more like Netflix or Amazon. I use Serviio as my DLNA server and RMP as the player. But like I said, there are multiple options that are far better than using Windows as the streaming server. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos