Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Motortrend login

I purchased motor trend thru my Roku account last night. Everything worked fine until this morning. Motor trend is asking for me to login again but it is not recognizing my information. I didn't set up a separate motor trend account. I assumed it just used my Roku information. How do I login to this account?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Motortrend login

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact Motortrend login support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Motor trend subscription issues

I'm having issues logging into my motor trend app on Roku. It keeps making me choose a plan. After I choose one, says I already have an account and to log into it. After I log in it tells me, Sorry, you don't have an active subscription. According to roku, I have the trial till December 28. 

I can't get out of this cycle. I tried to delete the app to reinstall it but it won't give me that option.

Help please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Motor trend subscription issues

I'm having issues logging into my motor trend app on Roku. It keeps making me choose a plan. After I choose one, says I already have an account and to log into it. After I log in it tells me, Sorry, you don't have an active subscription. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sgmike 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried removing the channel from the home screen by going to the channel tile and pressing the * key on the remote and selecting 'Remove channel'. Then restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your players starts back up, add the channel back again. 

If you are still experiencing the issue, we would recommend reaching out to Motor Trend support directly to report the issue and request additional help. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are functioning properly, and you only see this issue on the Motor Trend channel (app), it is most likely an issues with the channel which the channel provider will need to investigate further.

You can reach them here: https://help.motortrendondemand.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been struggling for weeks with motortrend.  They have some big issues.  They continously respond for you to the same ineffective steps.  Their authentication is poorly coded.  Do NOT subscribe to this channel doesn't work and their tech staff is incapable of helping.  Literally 5 emails and still no resolution.  Once in a while is will screw up and give access, if you turn it off you will be back to square one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Motortrend login

I just figured it out

Remove Motortrend Channel

Reboot

Add Channel Search MT GO

Add MT GO Channel

Activate Channel And Follow On Screen Instructions.

Worked for me hope it works for you!

Michael

0 Kudos