Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDog11
Level 7

Motortrend channel -cant log in & wont let me delete

Recently the Motortrend channel logged me out for some reason and now wants me to pay (I have a paid subscription) There is no option to sign in -it just throws me into a loop that goes nowhere...
Also, I attempted to remove and reinstall the channel.  When I highlight the channel and press * there is no remove option. (I can remove other channels) Completely frustrating.  Is there any options to resolve this?
Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Motortrend channel -cant log in & wont let me delete

"JDog11" wrote:
Recently the Motortrend channel logged me out for some reason and now wants me to pay (I have a paid subscription) There is no option to sign in -it just throws me into a loop that goes nowhere...
Also, I attempted to remove and reinstall the channel.  When I highlight the channel and press * there is no remove option. (I can remove other channels) Completely frustrating.  Is there any options to resolve this?
Thanks

When you attempted to remove the channel the first time, did you reboot the Roku before reinstalling? If not, there's some leftover code in there that is now stuck. Your only solution may be a hard reset. But before doing that, try powering it completely off (unplug), wait about a minute, then boot it back up and see if the remove option is again available. If so, try it again but remember to reboot the player before reinstalling. If not, then a hard factory reset will likely be required. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
JDog11
Level 7

I did unplug, but did not do much of a wait.  I'll do another reboot and give it a good wait time and retry
Thanks
0 Kudos
JDog11
Level 7

Ok, so even though the channel would not play an episode and wanted me to subscribe, it showed me as logged in (makes a lot of sense)  I had to choose [manage subscription] ->[cancel subscription]  and then it would finally let me remove the channel.  I reinstalled and logged in with my email/pass again.  Working for now...although if I want to keep my subscription, I will have to renew, as it will be cancelled after end of month because of this action.  Ughhh
0 Kudos
garywi
Level 7

MotorTrend, Can't Log In

I can't log in.  Reset password, still can't log in.  Deleted app, re-added, can't log in.  Anyone?

Roku Premier, software is current.

0 Kudos