Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALRUI
Level 10

Motortrend Channel Crashing On Starup?

Anyone else having issue the past day or so with the Motortrend channel failing to launch? The channel has more issues then I've ever seen on Roku & I've been a Roku user for at least 10 years or more.

22 Replies
JLYOUNG188
Level 7

Re: Motortrend Channel Crashing On Starup?

Same issue for me. Reset Roku, removes app and cleared cache, reinstalled and get the same issue. I hit the app, it loads and brings up some home screen ui for the app then crashes back to the home screen. 

Fullthrottle52
Level 7

Yes. Motortrend doing the same here. Must be a problem on their end. Hopefully will be fixed soon. If it is Roku then we need to let them know we have a problem. 

ALRUI
Level 10

Thanks for the reply:-) I emailed Motortrend support last night and this morning had the usual canned reply (reboot/reinstall, etc which I had done right off the bat). I sent them a reply, hopefully theyre on it, I suspect its the cert problem thats going to get worse before it gets better but that said the channel has had issues before so we'll see.

Thanks Again!

ALR

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

Same issue here on a Roku 4 and Express.

NSXCAT
Level 7

Just tried it, and the app currently fails to load / initialize. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail also. I know the app loaded and partially worked last weekend, although I was unable to watch a live streamed event (which worked when tested using a browser), while VOD content still worked using Roku. I suspected that could've be due to latest Roku update which my Roku downloaded on 06/04, as I've been having lots of other issues since then (w/ YTTV), and hadn't used MTOD in the interim. Today the MTOD app will not load and run at all.

Roku Premier+ 4630X - SW Ver 9.30 - Build 4170

Current MTOD app: Ver 6.2 - Build 2

My only speculation at this point is that the MTOD live event streaming failure last weekend might have resulted from the Roku update in June (I haven't tried to report that issue yet), MTOD might have tried to resolve that with an update (I don't know the MTOD version I was using last weekend so can't verify if an update has occurred), and if so that (possible) MTOD update may have broken the app completely. That is pure speculation at this point.

0 Kudos
pcwins
Level 7

Same problem.  MotorTrend is the worst streaming channel I have ever watched.  Their instructions to delete the cache does not work.

0 Kudos
girdnerg
Level 7

Same here. I emailed MT.

Rennwhip
Level 7

Worst subscription app ever... crashes all the time. If it wasn’t for Top Gear and a few other shows, I’d cancel it. 

Past few weeks it’d play a few episodes of a show and then reset to the Roku home screen for no reason. Now won’t load all together.  

0 Kudos
ALRUI
Level 10

I've experienced that about 1/2 the time I watch the channel. Very frustrating indeed!

ALR

0 Kudos