Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tahani
Level 7

Most Popular lists channels that cannot be added

Jump to solution
Hello, when I go to Streaming Channels > Most Popular or > Top Free on the Roku Streaming Stick +, there are channels that appear that I cannot add. The error message is "Could not add (blank)". The strange thing as well is that some of these, such as Tubi TV or Crackle, are advertised on the packaging of the product itself, so I am assuming they should be available. If I try to add them from the app, it acts like it is adding them, but the channels do not show up in my list and when I go to the channel store, it says installed. The channels with this issue include Prime Video, Pluto TV, Tubi TV, Crackle, Google Play TV, Amazon Music, Funimation Now, Viki and more.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Most Popular lists channels that cannot be added

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. 

If your device is linked to an account that is located in a region where these channels are not available, you may see this type of behavior. Not all channels are available in all regions. This is determined by each channel provider directly.

In order to add these channels to your Roku device, it must be linked to an account in a region where these channels are available. Your Roku account location will reflect the location in which your account was created. I'd also recommend checking which account your device is currently linked to by visiting Settings>System>About on the device. You'll want to make sure you are logging into this account if you are attempting to add channels to your account from the web. 

Many channels also have geo-restrictions enabled that prevent streaming from unauthorized locations in which they do not offer their channel or service. You would want to contact any specific channel provider directly in order to confirm if their channel or service is available in your location. 

If you need additional help, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku device's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Roku account email address and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Most Popular lists channels that cannot be added

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. 

If your device is linked to an account that is located in a region where these channels are not available, you may see this type of behavior. Not all channels are available in all regions. This is determined by each channel provider directly.

In order to add these channels to your Roku device, it must be linked to an account in a region where these channels are available. Your Roku account location will reflect the location in which your account was created. I'd also recommend checking which account your device is currently linked to by visiting Settings>System>About on the device. You'll want to make sure you are logging into this account if you are attempting to add channels to your account from the web. 

Many channels also have geo-restrictions enabled that prevent streaming from unauthorized locations in which they do not offer their channel or service. You would want to contact any specific channel provider directly in order to confirm if their channel or service is available in your location. 

If you need additional help, feel free to send me a private message with your Roku device's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Roku account email address and I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post