Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhodohead
Reel Rookie

More access to Canadian Channels

I love Roku but I really miss having access to Canadian channel apps like CBC GEM and CTV. I can’t sign up unless I have a provider like Bell which I don’t. Isn’t Roku like a provider? Can Roku be added to the list of the many providers?

5 REPLIES 5
rhodohead
Reel Rookie

Re: More access to Canadian Channels

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Roku isn't a provider.  They just supply the platform the channels/apps to run on.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rhodohead
Reel Rookie

Thanks @renojim for clearing that up. Would still love to see more Canadian channels and apps.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

You can ask them to come up with an alternate way to pay them.  Alternately, you can look into cable-replacement type streaming services like sling, philo etc.  The former would be like the Netflix model where you have an individual account with the channels you like, and the latter is like a cable TV package where you pay one company for a collection of channels.

0 Kudos
Craig2
Reel Rookie

I have Telus but when I try to sign in to CTV it says there was an error connecting with my provider.  Try again. It never connects just keeps saying error. Every single Time! 

0 Kudos