Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

I’m able to ignore ads. It’s my superpower.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

"DubTaylor" wrote:
Cancelled HULU years ago. Best move I ever made. 
Cancelled Netflix Streaming years ago due to their annoying UI. Second best move I ever made. To date they haven't found a way to inject their insanity onto the DVDs and BluRays I get - but I'm sure their engineers are working on it...

DVDs and Blurays are FAR worse than streaming ads - annoying menus, trailers, ads, software downloads, etc. Plus you have to buy them separately. It ALWAYS takes me longer to start a Bluray than to start something streaming. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

"Basil" wrote:
I’m able to ignore ads. It’s my superpower.

Yep. It's not like I enjoy ads or want to see them, but I've never understood the raging anger some people have about them. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

"mikebdoss" wrote:
"DubTaylor" wrote:
Cancelled HULU years ago. Best move I ever made. 
Cancelled Netflix Streaming years ago due to their annoying UI. Second best move I ever made. To date they haven't found a way to inject their insanity onto the DVDs and BluRays I get - but I'm sure their engineers are working on it...

DVDs and Blurays are FAR worse than streaming ads - annoying menus, trailers, ads, software downloads, etc. Plus you have to buy them separately. It ALWAYS takes me longer to start a Bluray than to start something streaming. 

MakeMKV - the cure for all attempts to annoy me, but I'll garan-dam-tee-ya a DVD menu is far better than interrupting the program every 7 minutes with 5 minutes.of ads. No doubt about it and to suggest otherwise is, well, silly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

I've never had more than 120 seconds of ads at a time on Hulu, and never every 7 minutes, but enjoy your reality.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

My reality is that in my programming there are ZERO advertisements. None. No Interruptions, ever.

That's real, baby.

Enjoy your advertisements.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

"DubTaylor" wrote:
My reality is that in my programming there are ZERO advertisements. None. No Interruptions, ever.

That's real, baby.

Enjoy your advertisements.


Ok! I'd love that too.. but the time I waste ripping everything or paying for on demand stuff, I could sit thru a few commercials, or go to the bathroom or get a glass of water. Personal preference, I guess- while none would be best, some aren't that annoying to me.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

"jeffrok" wrote:
"DubTaylor" wrote:
My reality is that in my programming there are ZERO advertisements. None. No Interruptions, ever.

That's real, baby.

Enjoy your advertisements.


Ok! I'd love that too.. but the time I waste ripping everything or paying for on demand stuff, I could sit thru a few commercials, or go to the bathroom or get a glass of water. Personal preference, I guess- while none would be best, some aren't that annoying to me.

The point is not the advertisement (unless it's the same advertisement X20), it's the interruption.
The time I spend making sure I don't see any advertisements/interruptions is, for me, time well spent. Actually comskip catches OTA/IPTV advertisements automatically with about a 95% success rate, so I have to do very little. 

What irks me with you guys is every time somebody complains about advertising (or anything else for that matter) here is the resident team of Poo-Pooers to shout down all who do not toe The Self Appointed Roku Forum Police Squad line. Why not spend that time shouting down all that spam?:
1) it'll keep you busy
2) shout at the tip top of your lungs - nobody will hear you
3) there isn't a forum member alive today that won't respect you - if you dedicate the same effort into Spam Yelling as you do Thread Poo-Pooing.

HULU hoops lost me long ago when they wanted me to pay to watch advertising and now I can pay more to not have any. It's like a pack of Lucky's without the filter costs more than a pack with one. I still find that hilarious.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: More Ads coming on HULU IN 2019

I won't respond, other than to say sorry I am not allowed to disagree with you without a big rant following. Why can't we just disagree and move on? Anyway, I'd love to be able to shout away the spam as much as you would. This forum spam sucks.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos