Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoFlor2311
Level 7

Monday Night Football on ESPN, I can't watch even if I sign up for ESPN

I feel like I am being scammed. Who can give me a quick and easy answer to how can I watch ESPN Monday Night Football for a reasonable monthly fee? I tried signing up for ESPN + and that did not get me the MNF game. I already have Hulu but I just have the basic. Can I watch Monday Night Football for less than $15 a month. Just a basic yes or no would be helpful. It would be nice if these subscribers talk in plain English but then they would have thousands of subscribers signing up for ESPN then canceling, they get $5.99 for the first month from what 10,000 users every month, not a bad scam. I left cable because of the shady deals and now streaming is following with the same half baked information so you signup and then cancel. #ESPN #Monday Night Football 

4 Replies
Wjmaccla
Level 7

Re: Monday Night Football on ESPN, I can't watch even if I sign up for ESPN

I got scammed too,bastards.

0 Kudos
Wjmaccla
Level 7

Guess I can watch some bull**bleep** soccer or volleyball for awhile.

0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 13

The simple answer to your question is "no", you cannot watch most cable-available ESPN content by subscribing to ESPN+.  ESPN+ is meant to be an add-on service with extra content for people who already have cable with ESPN as it appears Disney is not yet ready to provide a  stand-alone package which might anger these sources of income for them.

The simplest solution is to subscribe to one of the streaming TV providers (e.g. Sling or Fubo) which offers ESPN as part of their cable-like service.  Obviously that's more than the $15/mo you're asking for, but that'll get you what you want.

0 Kudos
Hec-222
Level 7

I have the same scam issue.  It tells me to subscribe and pay?  The video shows it easy, but I do not get the same simple views.

0 Kudos