Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstorer
Level 7

Missing channels YouTube and Netflix.

I am unable to open Netflix and the YouTube app has disappeared completely. I have a roku hooked to my TV. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing channels YouTube and Netflix.

First, what model Roku player do you have? Model number, not the name. Next, where are you located, somewhere other than the US? 

It sounds like Netflix is on your player, but YouTube was there but is now gone. Is that correct? What happens when you try to use Netflix? Have you scrolled through the home screen to see if YouTube was moved elsewhere on the screen? 

Do you have more than one Roku on your user account, perhaps one being used by a family member elsewhere? If a channel is removed from one device it will be removed from all devices on that user account. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing channels YouTube and Netflix.

@kstorer 

In addition to what @atc98092 said, I want to clarify is you're talking about YouTube, or YouTube TV. Those aren't the same app. Now, you can access YouTube TV through YouTube, but those are still separate apps.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos