Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsRead141
Level 7

Missing captions on Amazon Prime TV

Jump to solution
I recently switched my subscription to Acorn TV from Roku to Amazon Prime. I’ve found that some shows that had captions when I subscribed through Roku, such as Dr Martin, had “captions not available” when I viewed this show on Prime. I switched because the streaming was better through Prime, but I want/need the captions. Doesn’t Amazon have a legal obligation to offer closed captioning?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Missing captions on Amazon Prime TV

Jump to solution

Amazon has their own captions switch within the playing video. You have to enable it during playback. Press the down button, then the right button twice to select the CC icon. Press OK and you'll see your captions status in the lower right corner of the screen. Pressing OK toggles captions on and off, and it appears to retain the setting after exiting Prime and returning. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
thatsrich
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just got a Roku and see captions on HULU but none on Prime. What is up with that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution

Amazon has their own captions switch within the playing video. You have to enable it during playback. Press the down button, then the right button twice to select the CC icon. Press OK and you'll see your captions status in the lower right corner of the screen. Pressing OK toggles captions on and off, and it appears to retain the setting after exiting Prime and returning. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

darrenclark
Level 7

Jump to solution

i got it, thank you for the explanation. 

google street view

0 Kudos
thatsrich
Level 7

Jump to solution

Okay, found the trouble. Wrong resolution hid the "cc" icon. Thanks.

diggerdooley
Level 7

Closed captions issues on Prime Video

Jump to solution

Installed Roku Express+ on a Samsung TV.  Closed captions seem to work on every channel except Prime Video.  Older Roku Streaming Stick on a Visio Tv works just fine.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos