Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
christophenes
Level 7

Missing UK Channels

Hi All,

I purchased a Roku Premiere 4K/HDR yesterday upgrading from our current 4K Now TV box, I was lead to believe that I would still be able to access Now TV, BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, All 4 and all the other UK channels but this does not seem to be so?! Is this correct as all I can find that I recognise is Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video, and whilst I have subscriptions to these I would still like the others installed if possible. Now TV and the others don't even appear in the channel store, is this correct or am I missing something, it seems a shame to return such a promising product if it doesn't deliver on said promise! Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Missing UK Channels

This sounds like you are linked to a Roku account located somewhere other than the UK.  Is this new Ultra (oops, I mean Premiere -- thanks, @DBDukes ) linked to the same Roku account as your old one?  You can see the email address associated with the account you are linked to via menu path Settings/System/About - is it your correct email address?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

@makaiguy He has a Premiere. I was about to respond as I also thought I read Ultra and had the same questions as you, since the Ultra isn't sold in the UK. They are still valid, as the Premiere is also sold outside the UK, and he could have purchased a US device.

@christophenes Do follow up on the questions that @makaiguy had. 

Also, there have been many posts recently about some UK channels having issues. It could be a coincidence of timing between your purchase and the unrelated (but impactful) issues with some apps.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
christophenes
Level 7

Hi guys!

Thanks for your replies! So I have solved the problem after a lot of head scratching and googling various questions...

It turns out that when I signed up for the Roku account online, I did so behind my VPN so when they set my account up they set my country to that of the VPN server, therefore not giving me the English channels I was looking for. Once I signed up with the VPN switched off and a different email address all was right with the world again! Smiley Wink

Thanks again for trying to help! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos