Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EllieGirl
Reel Rookie

Missing Magellan Tv channel

January 28th 2022 the channel Magellan TV was on my Home Screen and when I went to go and watch it later in the evening, it was gone. I searched it and no results came up!! Can some one please tell me why this would be happening and what I can do to get Magellan Tv back 

12 REPLIES 12
Fifer1023

Re: missing pandora and you tube

Had these 2 channels last week now I can't get into them

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Missing Magellan Tv channel

Are you in the United States?

0 Kudos
EllieGirl
Reel Rookie

@HDMIGuy No I’m in Canada. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @EllieGirl

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For more information about that channel's availability in our platform, you'll want to contact the channel's customer support team to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I had it as well, disappeared, but Magellan is no longer on UK channel store either.

Magellan presumably decided to exit Roku or ceased business, I'm not bothered enough to work out the full details.

Not a Roku employee
Kevinj

I am from the UK. I too lost MagellanTV at about 22:00 on Jan 31 - tihht in the middle of viewing.  I don't find the reference to see Magellan as very helpful. Surely Roku knows what services are being offered on their platform. I am very annoyed. I bought a Streambar just 2 weeks ago for the primary purpose of watching Magellan, CuriousityStream and Nebula in one simple space. If a content provider can pull a channel without notice and on a whim then it makes Roku a dead loss.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kevinj,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Magellan TV is currently available at the Roku channel store, you may refer to this link: MagellanTV Documentaries | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku 

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku account? | Official Roku Support United Kingdom Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support United Kingdom 

If you need additional help, Contact customer support (roku.com) 
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
TA70
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue and sent an email to Roku Support. This is the reply I got yesterday.

Hi Talal​,

Thank you for reaching out, and we're glad to hear from you! I found your plan under this email address, and it's great to have you as a member. We support a Roku app, and this issue is a bug. We are investigating that issue now, and it's not impacting all Roku users, so we appreciate that you took the time to reach out about it.

We will keep in touch with you as we address this issue.

Sincerely,

Nancy
Member Support Team
MagellanTV
goncalo

I have the same problem. In Brazil. How to solve? #magellan

0 Kudos