Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tightpurchaser
Level 7

Missing From Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Since December I have been streaming with Roku Streaming Stick+.  A couple of weeks ago, to my dismay, I saw that they deleted one of my favorite shows, "The Nanny."  I hope there are others out there who want to see it back.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Missing From Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@tightpurchaser

Thanks for the post.

To keep the library of content fresh, certain titles may only be available for a limited time. To stay up to date on top titles available in The Roku Channel, follow the Roku blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@tightpurchaser

Thanks for the post.

To keep the library of content fresh, certain titles may only be available for a limited time. To stay up to date on top titles available in The Roku Channel, follow the Roku blog.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tightpurchaser
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny R., thank you although I do not care about fresh.  I may experiment in horror, sci-fi or thriller; but I prefer classic content.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

Jump to solution

@tightpurchaser wrote:

Danny R., thank you although I do not care about fresh.  I may experiment in horror, sci-fi or thriller; but I prefer classic content.

He didn't go into all the details, but you have to remember that Roku doesn't actually own the content, and has to secure rights to carry the different programs. And, some are actually carried by other services that Roku Channel works with to carry content; essentially, in those instances, Roku Channel is kinds of a content aggregator.

For those situations, Roku is entirely dependent on the content of those third parties, who contract with the rights owners. Sometimes, the rights owners want too much for it to be worth the expense of carrying. Sometimes, the third party may simply want to remove content that is viewed less in favor of something that might be viewed more.

There are several reasons for rotating content out, and some of the time, Roku has control of it, and sometimes Roku doesn't.

However, letting them know what you like and enjoy will make them aware. It's better if they know while it's still being carried, rather than after it's gone.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos