Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Missing Channels

Over the last few days, I've noticed the vast majority of my channels--especially #Amazonprime# & #YouTube#--will not load, but others like #Netflix# & #Hulu# w

My connection & signal are good, and my billing information has just been updated. No new equipment has been added, so I'm out of ideas as to how this happened, and I don't know how to go about fixing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Missing Channels

When I have problems with a channel on the Roku, the first thing I do is reinstall the channel via this process:
1) remove the channel
2) IMPORTANT - don't skip this step: restart the Roku
3) install the channel
If the channel is one requiring a log in, you'll need to log into it again.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I restart Roku if it's built into the TV? Just unplug it, then plug it back in again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

That'll work. :-)  There should be a Settings option somewhere under System to Restart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I can't remove the channels because the channels are gone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@roadie7 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing and what you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Apparently someone hacked into my Roku account and started deleting channels and even adding a profile in my Netflix account. So as someone from Roku suggested, I created a new account and deleted my old account. Now it is all good again. This time I used a stronger password for Roku.
Thanks
0 Kudos