Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ministra player app is not working

Jump to solution

Roku has detected apps with paid subscriptions are bypassing their protocol without paying them so they went ahead and deleted Ministra player from their store without alerting their customers!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If a channel is found to be violating their terms of service, and/or providing content illegally, Roku will remove the channel from the store. They are under no requirement to advise users in advance. Roku had legal problems in the past when they allowed such content to be streamed on their hardware. They are therefore forced to remove content that does might violate copyright laws in various countries. The channel might have been popular and well liked, but Roku has to legally protect themselves. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Abbijohn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So here after we can’t use the ministra player app in Roku tvs ?is there any ulternate app for this app ?…………..

0 Kudos
Helmiyousif
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here, we have the ame issue

This is not fair. If they wanted to remove it they should have announced to let the customers know. 

I will return the Roku Tv that I bought recently and will not recommend it to my friends who are buying it just to run Ministra Palyer 

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Atc what a cope out response! Ok then get rid of plex as you COULD use it illegally! Just because you could don’t mean people do! Karen’s all over the internet! 

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Three days and counting and still no official reply as to what’s going on shocking  support by the Roku support team, pretty sure it wouldn’t be to hard for them to let us know what’s going on 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@MrBluePlaydoh wrote:

Atc what a cope out response! Ok then get rid of plex as you COULD use it illegally! Just because you could don’t mean people do! Karen’s all over the internet! 

Plex is a "could", and a very unlikely one. You're really reaching with that one. I specifically said that they would do it only if found to be in violation. If that's what happened, you'll never hear anything from Roku. If you read the Roku Terms of Service that you agreed to when you registered your device, you will see that Roku reserves the right to remove a channel at any time if it is operating in violation of its agreement, or streaming content without permission. I wouldn't go tossing a Karen accusation around when you aren't listening to the facts and the legal explanations. 

Dan

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Stop being a cope out people use that app legit and we paid for it! It’s ok your **bleep** show Roku can stick it! I just downloaded minstra on my tv and works perfectly just like it does on a iPhone and Android so who needs this **bleep** anyway! The moment they start doing this is when they are just a bad company just like when now Tv stopped the developer mode and now tv lost out on a lot of sales.

yep report me as Karen’s like you enjoy it and to be fair I don’t give a **bleep** I’m done with Roku! 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

You don't want to listen. Have a nice day.                            

Dan

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

You’re talking **bleep** you don’t even no the reason now stop talking to me I don’t deal with clowns like your self! Have you reported me yet like a good little boy? 

0 Kudos