Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GG15
Channel Surfer

Re: Ministra player app is not working

Jump to solution

As we have various Ministra users here, so just wanted to ask a quick question - Do either of you also face the issue of Ministra Player crashing after an hour you are watching something?

The Ministra Player on my Roku device keeps crashing every hour and I have to then relaunch it.

@MrBluePlaydoh @Abbijohn @jgalanis @sparmar - Friends, any advice?

0 Kudos
MohsinAbbas
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hey, Ministra player crashes on me as well. I don't have this problem when I use it on an android device. 

0 Kudos
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes the crashing happens on more than just ministra app happens in Plex as well and if you find my post about Roku bricking old devices it will be interesting to know what Roku device you have?

as me and 4 friends all have a Roku 2 box and it’s funny how this issue started happening all at the same time after an update.  I have given up now and gone with a firestick zero issues so far, Roku are shady hence removing minstra and bricking peoples devices so you have to upgrade

0 Kudos
sparmar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It just show error now when we open it. I have a roku tv plus another tv with roku stick as well purchased 3 months ago. Both are not working anymore.

0 Kudos
sparmar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It just doesn't work anymore. When I open ministra player I get this error.Getting this error on ministra playerGetting this error on ministra player

0 Kudos
GG15
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ah ok.. So I am not alone who has these crashing issues of Ministra player on Roku. By the way, I have Roku3. Thanks @MrBluePlaydoh 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku 3 (model 4230) was released April 2015, so now approaching 6 1/2 years old. While Roku still supports it with OS updates, providers don't always continue their support for older players. They have the ability to restrict what model devices their channel will work on. 

For the users with a Roku 2, be aware there are five different versions of the 2. The newest version was the model 4210, also released April 2015. Of the five versions, only the two most recent models are still supported by Roku (the 4210 and 2720, released Sept 2013). All earlier players are no longer supported by Roku. They simply don't have the processing power to run the latest version of the OS, as well as many of the latest channels. Most service providers have stopped supporting the older players as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
GG15
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@sparmar, as mentioned by @MrBluePlaydoh yesterday, you will need to reinstall the new app that has been released yesterday. It is now called Ministra Play. The existing app (Ministra Player) is still throwing error and you can just remove/uninstall it.

MohsinAbbas
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Do you also have an issue with Ministra player freezing on a single channel? This happens to me on my Roku TV and I am unable to access it afterwards. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MohsinAbbas

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos