Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Mezzmo app stopped working

After working for over a year, my Roku Mezzmo app stopped working. When I select it, it tries to connect them goes back to the home screen. I have all the latest updates for both, I tried restarting Roku, Mezzmo, and my system, but nothing works. Wireless Network connection is excellent and connected to the right Network. Roku still refuses to connect to Mezzmo. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Mezzmo app stopped working

Tried streaming WMP and that failed to connect too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just noticed the same problem. We have a wired network. I restarted the Roku Ultra box, re-booted the computer, the network and the modem router. Deleted and re-added the Mezzmo app also a Mezzmo Beta app. No joy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Me too.  Are we all seeing the same thing?  When I select the Mezzmo app on the Roku home screen, I get the Mezzmo splash screen for about 1 second, then I get dumped back to the Roku screen.

All the other references to Mezzmo/Roku issues that Google turned up were different.  They were getting into the app, but not connecting to their media server.  This new problem doesn't seem to have ever happened before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes. It appears to be something recently distributed in Roku or Mezzmo maintenance. There is an open issue at the Mezzmo Tech Support site:

http://forum.conceiva.com/forumdisplay.php/10-Mezzmo-Questions-and-Support

The thread; Roku 3 is now not working with the Mezzmo app

The Roku app, Media Player, will connect to the Mezzmo Server and stream video. Kind of primitive, but works.

Mezzmo has an app fix. You need to send them an email and they will send it to you to load via USB flash drive to the Roku box.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Looks like the History Channel app is broken too. Now I get a "Not Authorized" notice when trying to connect. Dang Roku team, don't you test updates before implementing them? Basically my Roku Ultra is useless, a waste of $100. Fix the apps or refund my purchase price!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Mezzmo support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Mezzmo channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Contacted Conceiva (Mezzmo) and found that the libraries have changed in the Roku 9.3.0 update, therefore the app will not work until Conceiva can upload a new Mezzmo app (their Roku is not working at this time). I ended up rolling back the update to 9.2.0 so that Mezzmo and History Channel apps work correctly. It is a shame that Roku would apply an update that changes required libraries without first informing app makers first so they could be prepared when the update rolls out. Conceiva did email me the new app that will work with the 9.3.0 update, but I will not apply it since History Channel app still won't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

How do you roll back Mezzmo to an earlier update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I didn't rollback Mezzmo, I rolled back the Roku 9.3.0 update to 9.2.0

0 Kudos