Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DFA
Level 7

Mexico - BBC America

I've recently come to Mexico, I set up my my Roku and it's working, Netflix works, but I'm having trouble with BBC America which I need to watch Killing Eve because Hulu doesn't work here!

Streaming Channels > BBC America > Activation code — all that went fine, got the activation code and the channel comes up.
I choose a show, it loads, I pick an episode, it loads, I click play and then I get the following message: Error. Check your Internet connection.

Connection is fine, a little slow but as I mentioned, Netflix is working.

I've disconnected Roku stick, rebooted modem and the same thing happens.

Any help?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Mexico - BBC America

"DFA" wrote:
I've recently come to Mexico, I set up my my Roku and it's working, Netflix works, but I'm having trouble with BBC America which I need to watch Killing Eve because Hulu doesn't work here!

Streaming Channels > BBC America > Activation code — all that went fine, got the activation code and the channel comes up.
I choose a show, it loads, I pick an episode, it loads, I click play and then I get the following message: Error. Check your Internet connection.

Connection is fine, a little slow but as I mentioned, Netflix is working.

I've disconnected Roku stick, rebooted modem and the same thing happens.

Any help?

Are you getting BBC America via a Mexico cable service?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
bcruder
Level 7

Re: Mexico - BBC America

I have the same problem but a slightly different symptom. I have a satellite subscription which also allows me to stream but BBC America never unlocks my Roku screen after I successfully authenticate. 

I can view all of my channels on the satellite receivers and can verify them on the direct tv website

I can view AMC and IFC on Roku. That is important because AMC does the authenticating for those as well as BBC America.

After I authenticate with BBC America, my browser display says that it is unlocking my Roku session but it never unlocks. 

When I retry viewing the original show, I again receive the prompt to authenticate.

I CAN stream BBC America through my laptop and then view it on my TV by connecting one of the TV video inputs to the port on my laptop.

What this all shows is that I am authorized to view content but BBC America cannot unlock a Roku device.

Repeated emails to BBC America and AMC have not been returned. Phone calls to BBC America and AMC tell me that the problem is with Direct TV. Direct TV can do nothing but clear and refresh the list of streaming networks to which I am subscribed. 

This has occurred repeatedly and then BBC America randomly starts working again after a few weeks. Sadly, this last failure has lasted months. 

If they want us to keep upgrading our Roku devices, Roku management needs to take this up with BBC America. When I am offered the next upgrade, I will probably replace Roku with a different product.

0 Kudos